Career Opportunities: Campaigner Fair Food Value Chains Full-time Job4 months ago Program & Project The Hague 559 views Reference: 397
Campaigner Fair Food Value Chains
|Deadline for Applications:||6 February 2022|
|Unit:||FAIR Value Chains & Food Systems|
|Location:||The Hague, The Netherlands|
|Working Hours:||32 hours per week|
You will join a pool of Oxfam Novibs public campaigners working on a variety of issues and part of a Campaign & Influencing Expertise Unit, and you will be seconded to the FAIR Value Chains and Food Systems Goal Unit.
This unit is responsible for our work on pressuring the Dutch and international private and financial sector to ensure that power and profits are shared throughout the entire food value chain; that compliance to human rights and sustainability standards is the norm. We need to ensure a living income, decent work, and secure rights for small holders and workers who are key in feeding the world.
To achieve this, we take a systemic approach influencing actors in the chains (including indirectly through governments and multilateral organizations); we generate expertise around key topics like living wage, living income, land rights, gender; and we co-lead in developing and testing alternative business models. The Unit provides thought leadership on what fair food systems should look like, and how to build a human economy through a fairer global food system.In this role, you will lead or support the design and implementation of public campaigning strategies to influence specific actors in the global food system, including campaign strategy, power mapping, audience-research, alliance-building, and actual campaign implementation, both on-line and off-line. You will work with both Dutch publics, and publics across the world, often in support on national campaigns led by Oxfam country offices or Southern Affiliates, or as part of Oxfam International global public campaigns.
The person we are looking for has a track record in public campaigns, in both Dutch and international settings. You are a campaign expert, can use a variety of strategies and tactics, understands publics and can do hands-on work, have a network, and a passion to be part of a global movement to achieve social justice. You are comfortable in planning and organizing your own work, you thrive working across different cultures and backgrounds. You are aware of power imbalances within networks and you work to strengthen Southern and female leadership.The position is part of two projects (Sida2GROW and PVP FAIR FORALL: Improving Value Chains at Scale) and delivers on them, working closely with colleagues from US, Brasil, UK, India, South Africa, Indonesia, South Africa, Thailand, and contributing to both Dutch and global campaigns etc.
- Lead, develop and implement impactful public campaign strategies (e.g. Behind the Barcodes) and plans on food value chains in a (international) multidisciplinary team. Both in The Netherlands as together with the international and country teams;
- Translate complex policy language into public friendly campaign materials that inspire others to take action on food value chains related issues;
- Monitor whats happening in (inter)national debate around our themes and pro-actively link to that publicly where you see opportunities, mainly on social media or in the media;
- Develop and co-create (online) campaign content that contributes to a meaningful supporter journey (e.g. story gathering, blogs, e-mails, social media posts, visual material and innovative campaign activities);
- Monitor and evaluate the effectivity of campaign activities by using available analytical tools. Responsible for contributing to monitoring-and annual reports, annual plans and project budgets for all projects you work on (Sida2GROW and PVP FAIR FOR ALL) and adhere to all donor requirements (f.e. communication guidelines and procurement steps);
What you bring
- An academic level (masters degree) or a relevant qualification at HBO (Higher Vocation Education);
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in (public) campaigning, innovative online and offline mobilisation strategies and tactics;
- An activist and creative growth mindset. Proven experience, knowledge and affinity with social movement mobilizing people and data driven campaigning;
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills. Team player with ability and keen interest to work together in multidisciplinary teams in the Netherlands, international and with local partners in the Global South;
- Leadership skills, the capacity to motivate others, and demonstrated ability to facilitate international and virtual teams;
- Fluency in written and oral English and Dutch. Fluency in Spanish and/or French is a plus;
- Proven experience and knowledge of innovative offline and digital campaigning;
- Ability to think creatively and work strategically while being pragmatic;
- Applicants must be nationals of a European Union member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. This position is classified in scale 9. The monthly gross salary range is between 2.911 to 4.479 on the basis of 36 hours per week.
Want to apply?
If you think youre the person were looking for and this is the job you want, we would love to meet you. Please send your application letter and resumé/C.V. in English. Deadline for applying is 6 February 2022.
- If you have any questions about the position, please contact Bart Monnens at [email protected];
- Only applications submitted before the closing date and through our recruitment portal will be considered. Only applicants under serious consideration for a post will be contacted;
- This vacancy is posted both internally and externally at the same time, however with equal suitability, the internal candidate will be preferred;
- Although we are currently working remotely, upon appointment, you will be expected to be located in the duty station and to have a valid work permit. Oxfam Novib is unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time;
- Applications from qualified candidates from all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colours, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are encouraged;
- Oxfam aims to attract a diverse mix of talented people that share our standards, values, principles, and are committed to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. High priority is placed on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us;
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism, finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment;
- Oxfam Novib retains the discretion to not make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
Share This on: