Contract managers in international cooperation Part-time Job1 year ago Transportation & Logistics Eschborn 1.4K views Reference: 518
(Junior) buyers / (junior) contract managers in international cooperation
A better life for everyone and meaningful tasks for our employees - that is our model for success. For more than 50 years, the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) has been supporting the German government in the worldwide implementation of development policy goals. Together with partner organizations in more than 130 countries, we are involved in a wide variety of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
- Job ID:V000049267
- Location: Eschborn, Bonn
- Period of use:06/01/2022 - 05/31/2024
- Area of Expertise: Procurement and contract management
- Type of enployment: Full or part time
- Application time:06/05/2022
As a federal company, GIZ supports the federal government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development. In this context, we are looking for motivated employees who enjoy working in an international and multicultural working environment and are enthusiastic about procurement-related and commercial topics. We offer an exciting, varied and challenging area of responsibility in a trusting working atmosphere with a great team spirit and corresponding opportunities for further development.
The positions are embedded in the Purchasing and Contracts department, which is responsible for global contract and procurement management at GIZ. This includes the awarding of contracts for material goods, services and construction work in accordance with the relevant public procurement guidelines and the conclusion of financing contracts.
- Preparation and execution of tenders for goods, services and construction work, in particular for international projects, using German and European public procurement law
- Advice on and conclusion of contracts for financing
- Negotiation, drafting and processing of service contracts and financing
- Advice and training for the responsible colleagues at home and abroad
- Communication with the responsible project managers at home and abroad
- Further development, monitoring and quality assurance of the systems and processes
- Participation in the control and implementation of strategic special projects in contract and procurement management
- Successfully completed studies with an economic, legal or technical background
- Several years of relevant professional experience, preferably gained abroad, in a commercial area, preferably in purchasing or contract management
- Strong ability to manage multiple process flows in parallel
- Structured and result-oriented way of working as well as pronounced initiative
- Very good communication skills, clear judgment, strong negotiation skills, and a high level of integrity
- High degree of flexibility, sense of responsibility and commitment
- Very good MS Office knowledge; Experience in dealing with SAP is an advantage
- Business fluent German and English skills, further language skills are an advantage
The position is suitable for full-time or part-time employment.
Willingness to undertake regular business trips is required.
We assume the willingness for mutual assignments at home and abroad.
Incoming applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. The first selection process will take place from week 15.
Please understand that we can only accept and process applications via our e-recruiting system. After confirming that the application has been successfully created, we ask you to check your spam / junk folder regularly, as some providers classify e-mails from our e-recruiting system as spam.
GIZ works flexibly to deliver effective and efficient solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
For GIZ, the 2030 Agenda is the overarching framework that guides its work, which it implements in close cooperation with its partners and commissioning parties.
Share This on: