Data Centre Adminstrator 1 Position Full-time Job1 year ago Computer & IT Pwani 1.5K views Reference: 825
Data Centre Adminstrator
Job Location :
Dar Es Salaam Zone, Kisarawe
Troubleshoot, maintain, monitor and act as first line of support for the bank's Data Centers Infrastructure (Servers, Mechanical, Electrical Power, Plumbing, Cooling Systems, Physical security, Access control, and fire detection & suppression system at the bank's DR site (Kisarawe).
- Coordinate, troubleshoot, resolve or escalate and provide overall accountability for the daily activities of business support for Data Center Infrastructure.
- Provide coordination, planning and execution of routine and corrective maintenance tasks for all Data Center Infrastructure i.e MEP equipment, Compute, Network, Storage and Backup systems
- Provide statistics and reports to support management decision making process.
- Support business units through the provisioning of rackspace, network connectivity, and deploying IT infrastructure into the provisioned rack space.
- Conduct thorough assessments on electrical, mechanical and plumbing system failures and suggest feasible solutions to counter identified challenges
- Prepare various system monthly reports and maintain incidents RCA register for proper referencing.
- Coordinate system patch and release management compliant to patch life cycle management best practices and ensure proper inventory list is maintained always
- Evaluating overall performance and capacity of Data Center Infrastructure and providing recommendations for improving performance.
- Ensure adherence to Data Centre Infrastructure policies, processes and procedures for all virtualization, backup and storage systems is maintained
- Ensure compliance of IT enterprise infrastructure policies, procedures, guidelines and best practices.
- Provision of DR compute environment and ensure they are highly available for security of bank's data and compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Server Infrastructure is primary requirement
- Experience in installation, configuration and administration of virtual and containerized environments preferably VMware, Oracle Linux KVM, OVM.
- Knowledge of implementing and providing support for engineered systems i.e. Converged, Hyperconverged, Oracle Supercluster infrastructure.
Knowledge and experience of Windows, Oracle Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux flavors, Solaris.
- Basic Knowledge of network systems especially Cisco platforms.
- Basic Knowledge of electrical and cooling systems.
- Competency in system Hardware and Software troubleshooting.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Strong Planning and organizing skills
- Project Management skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Computer Engineering or related academic fields.
- IT professional certifications such as VMware Certified Professional Datacenter Virtualization (VCP-DCV) will be an added advantage
- Linux and Window Server Certifications will be added advantage.
- CCNA Certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience on server and MEP infrastructure support
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Job opening date : 06-Oct-2022
Job closing date : 20-Oct-2022
The bank has 226 branches, over 9,000 Agents (Wakala) and more than 700 ATMs across the country and is represented in all districts of Tanzania. NMB has over 4 million customers and employs over 3,400 staff. It is listed at the Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange and its largest shareholders are the strategic partners Arise B.V with a 34.9% shareholding and the Government of Tanzania with a 31.8% shareholding.
Share This on: