Human Resource Officer- Save the Children Full-time Job1 year ago Human Resources The Hague 2.6K views Reference: 661
Human Resource Officer (32-38 hours)
Save the Children is growing and that is why we are looking for an HR Officer. As an HR Officer you have a versatile role in which you are a source of information for employees and managers. You ensure that the execution and processing of personnel matters runs smoothly. You will join a friendly and professional team. Are you looking for a varied job where no day is the same? Then we would like to get in touch with you!
About Save the Children:
Every child has the right to a happy childhood. That is why Save the Children does everything it can to improve the lives of children - and thus the future of our society.
We respond to emergencies, achieve sustainable development and ensure that children's voices are heard. As the largest independent children's rights organization in the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from injustice. Every day again. unconditionally.
Because our organization is growing, we are looking for an independent HR officer. The HR team grows to 3 HR advisors and 2 HR Officers. The team is part of the Internal Service department and you work (partly) from our office in The Hague.
What will you do as an HR Officer?
As an HR officer you support HR in the broadest sense of the word and you oversee the whole. The main goal is to provide accurate support in day-to-day HR matters. It is an independent and challenging role with a lot of opportunity for development. The HR team is ambitious and focused on continuous improvement of our processes and services, enabling our colleagues to do what they do best and thus contribute to the objectives of our organization.
In this position you are responsible for, among other things:
- recruitment & selection: drafting vacancy texts, following procedures and using the personnel information system (Oracle HR) with digital recruitment (Taleo), taking care of interview planning and communication with the application committee and applicants;
- employment: drafting employment contracts, correspondence, updating induction plans;
- administration and HR systems: keeping up-to-date, processing personnel changes in the internal systems, correct and timely supply of data for the payroll administration;
- files: creation and management of (mainly digital) personnel and absenteeism files (in the portal of the Arbo service provider), in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and internal guidelines;
- communication: management of the HR mailbox, handling requests, handling personnel correspondence;
- advice: source of information for employees and handling of follow-up actions, in coordination with the HR Advisors and management;
Who are you?
Our organization never stands still and that suits you! You like a challenge and you get satisfaction from having different processes under control and you get energy from working in a dynamic organization. You are initiative-rich, accurate and collegial.
What's on your resume?
- MBO / HBO training in the direction of Personnel and Labor / HRM;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Skills: You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language
- Practical: You are entitled to work in the Netherlands.
What do we have to offer you?
- What you do helps millions of children worldwide. Direct or indirect;
- Salary of course. This position is classified according to salary scale 8 (minimum 2,817.71 and maximum 3,992.06) based on a 38-hour working week
- Your travel costs are fully reimbursed, with sustainable transport being our standard;
- Annually 25 vacation days based on a 5-day working week;
- Possibility to save extra leave;
- A favorable pension scheme at Pensioenfonds Zorg & Welzijn;
- Plenty of room for training & development, such as unlimited use of the New Heroes training platform;
- A human employer, which is constantly evolving. That means a place where you can be yourself, shape changes and grow.
- Good to know: if you are hired, you will initially receive a one-year contract, with the possibility of extension.
Offers are subject to positive references and the submission of a recent Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG).
Why do we ask for references and a VOG?
Save the Children participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
As a children's rights organization that fights abuse in whatever form we first of all want to be able to guarantee that our own employees are not or have been guilty of this. That's why we participate in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. And we purchase standardized references when you apply for a job with us. By applying you agree to this.
What kind of employer is Save the Children?
In the Netherlands you work together with about 120 colleagues, but you are also part of an international network of more than 25,000 colleagues in 120 countries. We are the world's largest children's rights organization, but that doesn't mean our organization is impersonal. It was not! We make sure that everyone's voice just like that of the children we fight for is heard. That every colleague can be themselves and develop further.
At Save the Children, we are proud of our diversity. That is why we invite everyone to apply for a job with us, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religious and/or cultural background, personality and/or other visible and invisible characteristics. We celebrate our differences, because they allow us to grow together.
Got excited? Send your application before September 4 via the application form on our website. Unfortunately, we will not process applications that come to us in any other way.
We will try to respond to your application within 2 weeks of the closing date.
If you have any questions about the application procedure, you can contact William Arink, HR Advisor, telephone number 06-40717283 or via [email protected] .
* We only use all information you enter to process your application. No later than 4 weeks after the application procedure has ended, we will delete your data from our systems.
ABOUT SAVE THE CHILDREN
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children. We work in more than 120 countries, saving children's lives; fight for their rights; help them fulfill their potential.
We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
In 2013 we reached over 143 million children through our work, including over 52 million children directly. Follow this link to read our latest International Annual Review.
Share This on: