Insurance Defense Attorney Full-time Job10 months ago Legal / Attorney or Lawyer Sacramento 233 views Reference: 530
At Liberty Mutual, were committed to delivering exceptional legal services to our customers around the world, working to uphold and protect our policyholders rights and positively impacting our business. As an Insurance Defense Attorney at Liberty Mutual, youll join a diverse team that values a healthy work/life balance and enjoy benefits that include eligible performance bonuses, 20 days of flexible time off each year, personal holidays, a pension plan and a 401(k) plan with matching contributions. If youre looking for a place to build a long-term career while making a positive difference, consider joining our legal team where youll represent Liberty Mutual and our policyholders in moderately complex civil litigation and workers compensation matters involving claims for monetary damages or compensation for personal injuries or property damage of a moderate value.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if youre a:
- Engaged legal professional: Youll manage the entire legal process, from investigation and discovery though trial prep and court proceedings, representing clients in depositions, site inspections, court hearings, trials, etc. and negotiating settlements as required.
- Strategic partner: Researching all applicable laws and findings, you will develop appropriate legal strategies for all stages of litigation and share them with claims representatives and insured clients.
- People person: Youll establish and maintain good relationships with claims representatives and insured clients and occasionally conduct training sessions for Legal, Claims or other departments.
- Effective communicator: Youll develop and render clear, unambiguous legal opinions and strategies, and draft legal documents including pleadings and motions.
Primary Location: Sacramento, CA
Education Level: Juris Doctor
Travel: As Needed
What youve got:
- Membership in the California Bar
- Appropriate special licenses to practice before boards or federal courts preferred
- A minimum of one-year experience as an attorney
- Talent for cultivating strong working relationships with internal and external partners
- Aptitude for detailed, analytical thinking
- Process-oriented mindset, with proven ability to meet deadlines and stay organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the latest developments in the practice of law, as well as pertinent knowledge in related fields
- Familiarity with insurance law a plus
- Proficiency with technologies that reduce costs and facilitate the practice of law and remote work
- A JD degree
Heres some of what you can look forward to as one of our employees.
Competitive Compensation Our compensation programs are designed to deliver above-market pay if you perform well, and significantly above that for exceptional performance over time. Virtually every employee is eligible for some type of variable incentive pay in addition to his or her base pay.
Flexible Work Arrangements We understand the role work-life balance plays in your ability to stay energized and engaged. So we place an emphasis on regular hours, flex scheduling, and generous time off through paid holidays, vacation days, and more.
Top-Notch Retirement Plans Our pension plan provides a monthly credit equal to 5% of your eligible compensation. You can also participate in our 401(k) plan, which offers a guaranteed match of $0.50 for every $1 you contribute, up to 8% of your eligible pay.
Career Development From regular coaching planning, to paid training, licensing, and 100% tuition reimbursement for approved courses, were dedicated to your continued growth, because we know it leads to continued success.
Health & Wellness Youll have access to comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a host of other insurance and wellness benefitsincluding progressive parental benefits and support.
Share This on: