Internal Auditor Full-time Job1 month ago Accounting & Finance Amsterdam 148 views Reference: 589
Internal Auditor (100%)
- Based in Amsterdam -
The Control & Audit Unit is a staff department that reports to the General Director and the Board of the association. The Controller is responsible to ensure the availability of quality data for decision making on steering and management control, for internal and external accountability and to supply expertise to the board and management on issues of governance and compliance to the principles of good governance codes, rules and regulations. Internal Audit is positioned in the Control & Audit Unit with the Controller fulfilling the role of CAE.
The internal auditor will conduct audits in the project countries and in the Amsterdam office. It is expected that about 4-6 field audits, each taking on average 10-14 days of travel to our mission countries, will need to be conducted in a year.
As this role is based in Amsterdam, the ideal candidate should either already be based in The Netherlands or have the means to relocate to The Netherlands independently and have a with a valid work visa.
The internal audit function within the Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA) currently consists of two staff.
Within the OCA a risk based auditing model is used focusing at effectiveness and efficiency of our processes but also looking into competence of management, and compliance with (local) laws and regulations. Auditing of medical quality is under development.
The internal audit function is always further developing the set-up and implementation of internal audit, to ensure the function continues to contribute to the developing organisations goals and the world we operate in.
The principle objective of the position is to enhance the internal auditing and implement an effective audit program for both the field as HQ activities.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- You will have at least two years experience in auditing, preferably in a supervisory role. Operational field experience in an NGO providing humanitarian aid or a medical organisation will give you a strong advantage.
- You are able to look at processes and projects at a more strategic level; however, you do not forget that audit also requires a structured approach with sound underlying evidence, well documented.
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter, are results-driven and persistent, yet behaviourally sensitive to cultural and contextual factors. You are able to cooperate at all levels in the organisation. Integrity is key for you.
- You are a great team player. You are good in cooperation and working as a team, to ensure the team achieves the best result possible, irrespective of your role in that team.
- Excellent communication skills inEnglish (written and oral) is essential and additional fluency in French is preferred.
- Expertise in the area of data analytics, process mining or other advanced auditing techniques is an asset.
- You are willing to travel at short notice and to insecure contexts. (approximately 4-6 Audits per year)
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning & Organisation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Service Orientation
- Results and Quality Orientation
A challenging and exciting position in an international environment.
A full time appointment (based on a 40-hours workweek) for one year with renewal option based on satisfactory performance appraisal.
A gross monthly salary in scale 7 with a current salary range between 3,488 and 4.980 depending on relevant work experience, based on a fulltime appointment.
Other benefits include 30 holidays per annum (based on a fulltime appointment) and a premium-free pension.
A challenging position in an ambitious team in an international organisation.
If you recognise yourself in this profile, we welcome you to apply directly via our website and upload a letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 17 April 2022.
Selection will be by means of one interviewing round. The interviews will take place in the week of 25 April and 2 May 2022. An assessment will be part of the process, before the interview takes place.
Please note that only candidates that fully meet the requirements of the position will be taken into consideration.
Looking for more information and/or having questions?
- For more information about the recruitment procedure, please contact Irene Tellekamp (Recruiter).
- For more information about the position, please contact Thijs van Buuren (Controller).
***Acquisition is not appreciated***
Share This on: