Jobs in Tanzania; Driver (Special service Agreement) Full-time Job10 months ago Transportation & Logistics Dodoma 895 views Reference: 398
Driver (Special service Agreement) - (2200568)
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 03 MONTHS
Job Posting: Jan 24, 2022, 2:38:18 PM
Closing Date: Feb 14, 2022, 1:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dodoma
Organization: AF_TZA Tanzania
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
- Background and Justification
Purpose of the Position
In the context of the WHO Health Emergencies Incident Management System (IMS), at the WHO Dodoma Sub Office, the incumbent will support the Country Support Unit (CSU) in provision of transport support to the WHO staff and consultants and to drive WHO Official vehiclesand ensures that vehicles are kept in good working conditions.
- Job Description
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objectives
Country Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of the incumbent within the team, the guidance and supervision received, and training or briefing provided to others)
The incumbent works under the supervision of the Operations Officer and the general supervision of the Fleet Assistant based in Dar es Salaam main office and Admin Assistant based in Dodoma Sub Offive. The Fleet Assistant Officer, with the support of the Dodoma Admin Assistant will identify the trips and assignments for the driver. The incumbent has some flexibility for planning and scheduling routes.
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent must do to achieve main objectives)
Under the direct supervision of the Fleet Assistant and Admin Assistant, the incumbent performs the following duties: -
- Drive the office vehicles to provide transportation of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, regular servicing and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumptions, oil changes, greasing, etc.;
- Ensures that the steps, required by the rules and regulations, are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work.
- Recruitment Profile
Describe the core, management and leadership competencies required - See WHO competency model - list in order of priority, commencing with the most important ones
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Producing results
- Knowing and Managing yourself
Functional Knowledge and Skills: -
*Describe the essential knowledge and the skills specific to the position.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations of the country and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Ability to read, write and understand instructions in the working language and
- An ability of writing a concise and faithful report of the accidents.
Essential: - At least Junior Secondary School education and a valid drivers licence of the country
Essential: - At least two years driving experience as a driver and a safe driving record.
Desirable: - UN experience would be an advantage.
English: Read: Expert Knowledge
Write: Expert Knowledge
Speak: Expert Knowledge
Swahili: Read: Expert Knowledge
Write: Expert Knowledge
Speak: Expert Knowledge
Other Considerations (e.g. Physical Workplace Condition, if other than normal office environment; IT Skills; etc.)
Basic word processing or other software packages, and standard office equipment. Formal or self-training in the use of standard office software.
Work might require driving for long periods, lifting pouch bags, some of which are over 25 kgs and driving subject to weather and traffic risks.
PLACE OF ASSIGNMENT
- The Driver will be stationed in Dodoma, Tanzania.
TIMELINE AND REPORTING___________________________________________________________
- The contract will be for three (03) months
Working with 194 Member States, across six regions, and from more than 150 offices, WHO staff are united in a shared commitment to achieve better health for everyone, everywhere.
Together we strive to combat diseases communicable diseases like influenza and HIV, and noncommunicable diseases like cancer and heart disease.
We help mothers and children survive and thrive so they can look forward to a healthy old age. We ensure the safety of the air people breathe, the food they eat, the water they drink and the medicines and vaccines they need.
Share This on: