Lobby & Advocacy Officers Full-time Job3 months ago Media, Communications & Writing The Hague 419 views Reference: 420
Lobby & Advocacy Officers (two positions 32 hours per week)
We are looking for two enthusiastic colleagues who have an affinity with the social issue of child poverty in the Netherlands, mental and psychosocial well-being (MHPSS) and/or international humanitarian crises.
About Save the Children:
Every child has the right to a happy childhood. That is why Save the Children does everything it can to improve the lives of children - and thus the future of our society.
We respond to emergencies, achieve sustainable development and ensure that children's voices are heard. As the largest independent children's rights organization in the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from injustice. Every day again. unconditionally.
What will you do as a Lobby & Advocacy Officer?
The position falls under the Lobby & Advocacy department and is based in our office in The Hague, and the digital environment. We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues who have an affinity with the social issue of poverty among children in the Netherlands, mental and psychosocial well-being (MHPSS) and/or international humanitarian crises. We are looking for experienced public affairs professionals with a broad network, who can separate strategy and content. You are at home in a political-administrative environment, public affairs, political lobbying and stakeholder management. The position is very varied and therefore requires a result-oriented candidate who can hold his own in a dynamic working environment.
In this position you are responsible for:
- Realizing the objectives of the ongoing lobbying processes on the files by (co-) developing and executing the Lobby & Advocacy strategy, in close collaboration with other colleagues;
- The independent development and implementation of lobbying activities on the files of international humanitarian crises, mental and psychosocial well-being (MHPSS) and/or child poverty in the Netherlands;
- Keeping your knowledge level up to date on the themes you are working on; we strive for evidence-based advocacy, based on our experiences and research from the field and our (inter)national programs.
- Coordination with colleagues within the Lobby & Advocacy team and other relevant departments of Save the Children Netherlands, Save the Children International, the Dutch NGO community and other external (inter)national actors;
- Building and monitoring a portfolio with high-quality stakeholders within, among others, politics (national and international), various government organizations, interest groups, knowledge institutes and companies; for the purpose of influencing policy and maintaining network and knowledge.
- Actively contribute to the development of Team Lobby & Advocacy to work together to influence law, policy and practice.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone who feels like a fish in water within the political and social playing field of children's rights. An experienced lobbyist who knows how to achieve tangible results for children.
What's on your resume?
- You have completed a university education;
- A background in and/or experience with international humanitarian law is strongly recommended
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in public affairs/lobbying, preferably in the field of one or more of the following themes: child poverty, MHPSS, international humanitarian crises;
- You have knowledge or affinity with children's rights.
- You have a proven track record in developing and maintaining professional relationships with various stakeholders at strategic and managerial level. A political network is an advantage;
- You are a strong communicator, proactive and decisive;
- You are firmly in your shoes and switch quickly between various files and teams;
- You have a smooth pen and experience with writing for various target groups;
- Given the international character of our organization, a good command of English (oral and written) is necessary;
- Practical: You are entitled to work in the Netherlands.
What do we have to offer you?
- What you do helps millions of children worldwide. Direct or indirect;
- Salary of course. We follow the salary scales of the central government on the basis of a 38-hour working week. This position is classified according to salary scale 10 (minimum 2,811.89 and maximum 4,519.59);
- Your travel costs are fully reimbursed, with sustainable transport being our standard;
- Annually 25 vacation days based on a 5-day working week;
- Possibility to save extra leave;
- A favorable pension scheme at Pensioenfonds Zorg & Welzijn;
- Plenty of room for training & development, such as unlimited use of the New Heroes training platform;
- A human employer, which is constantly evolving. That means a place where you can be yourself, shape changes and grow.
- Good to know: if you are hired, you will initially receive a one-year contract, with a chance of extension.
Offers are subject to positive references and the submission of a recent Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG).
Why do we ask for references and a VOG?
Save the Children participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
As a children's rights organization that combats abuse in whatever form we first of all want to be able to guarantee that our own employees are not guilty of this, or have done so. That's why we participate in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. And we accept standardized references when you apply for a job with us. By applying you agree to this.
What kind of employer is Save the Children?
In the Netherlands you work together with about 120 colleagues, but you are also part of an international network of more than 25,000 colleagues in 120 countries. We are the world's largest children's rights organization, but that doesn't mean our organization is impersonal. It was not! We make sure that everyone's voice just like that of the children we fight for is heard. That every colleague can be themselves and develop further.
At Save the Children, we are proud of our diversity. That is why we invite everyone to apply for a job with us, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religious and/or cultural background, personality and/or other visible and invisible characteristics. We celebrate our differences, because they allow us to grow together.
Got excited? Send your application before 27 February 2022 via the application form on our website . Unfortunately, we will not process applications submitted to us in any other way.
We will try to respond to your application within 2 weeks of the closing date.
For substantive questions about this position, please contact Josje Beukema, Lobby & Advocacy Department Manager ai Telephone: 070 338 44 48; email: [email protected] .
For questions about the application procedure, please contact William Arink, HR Advisor. Phone 06 40 717 283; email: [email protected] .
* We only use all information you enter to process your application. No later than 4 weeks after the application procedure has ended, we will delete your data from our systems.
ABOUT SAVE THE CHILDREN
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children. We work in more than 120 countries, saving children's lives; fight for their rights; help them fulfill their potential.
We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
In 2013 we reached over 143 million children through our work, including over 52 million children directly. Follow this link to read our latest International Annual Review.
Share This on: