Logistics Officer Full-time Job1 year ago Transportation & Logistics Desē 1.5K views Reference: 595
The Logistics Officer will report to the Logistics Coordinator and is responsible for overseeing day-to-day procurement activities, fleet management, warehouse management, and general logistics needs related to programmatic activities. Assigned tasks will include movement tracking, asset management, contract/lease management, vendor relations, and other tasks as assigned.
- Manage and assist in all Procurement tasks as per FHI 360s Procurement Handbook, including the management and facilitation of bids and tenders.
- Identify warehouse/storage space based on needs in the area, ensuring an efficient flow between the office(s) and implementation sites. Ensure premises are furnished and secure.
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors for timely delivery of goods, and efficient problem solving of unexpected issues.
- Support sufficient planning for deliveries to project teams and update the Logistics Coordinator with regular information about stock levels and expected leave times.
- Handle random spot checks during field visits as well as amongst daily management task to check overall traceability of items.
- Support vehicle allocation and fleet management for all project related rental vehicles. Ensure that all FHI 360 fleet management guidelines are applied at all times including logbooks and maintenance sheets.
- Develop tools to ensure efficient monthly, weekly & daily planning & movement follow-up tools.
- Support loading and unloading of goods and project related items.
- Ensure accuracy of all inventories. Ensure Assets register and inventory is up to date in all times.
- Constantly monitor inventory tagging and recording in accordance with the fhi360/Donor guidelines.
- Supervise FHI 360 warehouse management according to FHI 360 warehouse standards and records are well maintained.
- Support the contract management and follow- up on payments for various procurement, leasing, and any other logistics activities.
- Coordination with Field Offices to record and update all inputs and data for the warehousing and Procurements.
- Coordination with Field Office to receive and Achieve Warehousing and Logistics Operations files and maintain them updated both manually and electronically.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of standards and functions and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of procurement activities.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures regarding procurement services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and computer software skills.
- Good problem solving skills, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems that are diverse in scope and require evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Decisions made generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives instructions on new assignments.
- Typically reports to a Manager.
- A Degree in Procurements and Logistics or related field. Vocational or specialized training is desired.
- 3-5 years of experience providing logistical support in an office setting.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations is an advantage.
- Experience using inventory management software is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Prior work experience in non-governmental organization (NGO) is preferred.
- Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Share This on: