Project Network EPCM Manager Full-time Job2 months ago Administration & Management The Hague 116 views Reference: 541
Reference ID R66026 Updated 22/03/2022
Employment Type Full time
Experience level Experienced Professionals
Country Netherlands City/State The Hague Work Location The Hague
Where you fit in
Shell Mobility is the shopfront and the face of Shell. At our 46,000 service stations worldwide, we interact with millions of customers every day. Our mission is to make lifes journeys better by providing an evolving range of quality fuels, a welcoming and comfortable break or a retail experience that offers customers convenience, quality and choice.
This dynamic and diverse role is all about effective CAPEX deployment in the Netherlands, but also provide support for sites or projects in other countries within Benelux. You will be working in the middle of our Mobility business and bring ideas and ambitions to reality.
The scope of work is to build new sites with the latest customer value propositions of Shell, thoroughly renovate retail formats to high-end concepts and relocate sites for network planning purposes. You will actively bring together and drive multidisciplinary teams to optimize designs and execution strategies. You will be overseeing the seamless integration of technical systems on conventional fuels, future fuel (EV, LNG and H2), utilities, construction of buildings, forecourt and site layouts, shop formats and equipment and importantly the Visual Identity of Shell to our customers.
Shell partners with a EPCM contractors (Engineering Procurement Construction Management) to deliver the investment programme that adds value to our network. As EPCM Manager you will be steering these EPCM partners to success and act as single point of contact for the management team and project managers. You will be closely working with Shell teams for business development and network planning to bring commercial opportunities to fruition.
Whats the role?
As EPCM Manager you focus on sound contract management and establish the governance to oversee and steer our extended workforce. It is paramount that you take ownership and make project execution a success with sharp focus on safety, quality, costs and execution timelines.
In this role your leadership will assure that HSSE standards and End-to-End project controls are in place and secured. For this you be trained as technical authority and closely work together with global Engineering SMEs for process-optimization, sharing best practices and conduct pilots with the newest technologies on the market.
More specifically you will have the following responsibilities:
- Leading the contract partner management team to deliver CAPEX projects to reach business objectives within budget and schedule in a reliable and safe way.
- Lead and drive HSSE culture and mindset and secure HSSE standards requirements within the extended workforce
- Apply and develop local Shell design standards for food & coffee formats
- Manage key stakeholders internally and externally and actively integrate interests and standards to deliver in a multidisciplinary setting
- Lead the design process by challenging features and costs to land on fit-for-purpose solutions and make our sites future proof for the energy transition
- Review and approve annual CAPEX plans and financial phasing
- Dive into contracting strategies to optimize and select the best contractors for projects
- Lead the governance of EPCM partners, chair regular meetings, reviews and audits
- Deliver value improvement through innovation that bring acceleration, shorter downtime, improve Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and end to end optimization
What we need from you
- Bachelors degree qualification in Engineering, Construction Management or a relevant technical curriculum.
- Relevant working experience in project and programme management in construction or maintenance business.
- Language Level Dutch (native) and English minimum B2 Upper-Intermediate.
- Passionate about HSSE and having practical experience of working with technical contractors
- Based in the Shell Rotterdam office, but regularly working from home and doing frequent site-visits. Open to regular travel within The Netherlands, Belgium and occasionally to Luxembourg
- Some important features a candidate should have to be successful in the job: strong skills in communication, negotiation and stakeholder engagement. Accuracy and structured working are key. Solution-focused, staying positive while challenged and pragmatic with a strong drive to deliver while keeping safety as highest priority
Shell Global Solutions International BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
Theres never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and youll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- Were creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and well take it from there.
- Were closing the gender gap whether thats through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- Were striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
Were huge advocates for career development. Well encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Share This on: