Purchasing clerks / contract clerks in international cooperation
A better life for everyone and meaningful tasks for our employees - that is our model for success. For more than 50 years, the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) has been supporting the German government in the worldwide implementation of development policy goals. Together with partner organizations in more than 130 countries, we are involved in a wide variety of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
- Job ID:V000049266
- Location:Eschborn, Bonn
- Period of use:06/01/2022 - 05/31/2024
- Area of Expertise:Processing, office management, translation
- Type of enployment:Full or part time
- Application time:06/05/2022
As a federal company, GIZ supports the federal government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development. In this context, we are looking for motivated employees who enjoy working in an international and multicultural working environment and are enthusiastic about procurement-related and commercial topics. We offer an exciting, varied and challenging area of responsibility in a trusting working atmosphere with a great team spirit and corresponding opportunities for further development.
The positions are embedded in the Purchasing and Contracts department, which is responsible for global procurement management at GIZ. This includes the awarding of contracts for material goods, services and construction work in accordance with the relevant public procurement guidelines and the conclusion of financing contracts.
- Preparation and implementation of direct purchases, framework contract calls and competitions for goods, services and construction work
- Commercial processing in the context of procurement
- Clarification of needs, determination of procurement procedures, obtaining offers, drafting and bringing about the conclusion of the contract
- Legal and economic negotiations with contractors
- Advising the responsible colleagues at home and abroad
- Quality assurance of the systems and processes in procurement management
- Participation in working groups for overarching technical coordination
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship with a commercial background
- Several years of relevant professional experience, preferably acquired abroad, in the procurement of services, construction work or material goods
- Interested in familiarizing yourself with the German public procurement guidelines
- Strong ability to manage multiple process flows in parallel
- Good communication skills, clear judgment and a high level of integrity
- Flexibility, responsibility and commitment
- Good MS Office knowledge; Experience in dealing with SAP is an advantage
- Business fluent German and English skills, further language skills are an advantage
The position is suitable for full-time or part-time employment.
Willingness to undertake regular business trips is required.
Incoming applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. The first selection process will take place from week 15.
Please understand that we can only accept and process applications via our e-recruiting system. After confirming that the application has been successfully created, we ask you to check your spam / junk folder regularly, as some providers classify e-mails from our e-recruiting system as spam.
GIZ works flexibly to deliver effective and efficient solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
For GIZ, the 2030 Agenda is the overarching framework that guides its work, which it implements in close cooperation with its partners and commissioning parties.
Share This on: