Team Leader Communication Full-time Job1 month ago Media, Communications & Writing The Hague 197 views Reference: 659
What will you do as a Communications Team Leader?
You manage efficient processes within the communication team and between the teams of other departments, whereby you monitor the coherence between the annual plan of the communication team, the communication needs from the Dutch organization and the best practice examples from our international organization.
- You develop the annual plan for the Communication team within the strategic frameworks of the organization, using the input of your colleagues - inside and outside the team -, the available budgets and the trends in the market;
- You are the mainstay of an existing team of experienced specialists in the field of content, campaigns, brand and advice. You manage them in accordance with Save the Children's coaching management style: focused on productivity and quality of the work delivered and on job satisfaction and development of your team members;
- You shape work processes within the communication team and between teams of the L&A, Programs and Fundraising departments, so that the efficiency of working within our growing organization remains optimal;
- You provide management information to the department manager on a monthly basis, monitor priorities together with the other team leaders and regularly include the internal organization in the performance of the communication team.
- You initiate and coordinate high-quality recruitment, introduction and management of new employees for the team, in collaboration with the HR department.
Who are you?
Our Communications Team Leader naturally has a strong affinity with the mission of Save the Children and the theme of development cooperation. You understand how our stakeholders think and act and you know how brand and communication influence this. You are always open to new developments in the market and you know how to enthuse and inspire your team.
What's on your resume?
- You have demonstrable work experience as an honest people manager and coach;
- You have at least 5 years of experience in initiating and managing measurably effective communication concepts;
- You can think conceptually and process wise;
- You are a team player: you like to share your knowledge and empower your colleagues to work together optimally;
- You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language; work experience in an international organization/work environment is a plus
- Practical: You are entitled to work in the Netherlands.
What do we have to offer you?
- What you do helps millions of children worldwide. Direct or indirect. There is no better work;
- Salary of course. We follow the salary scales of the central government on the basis of a 38-hour working week. This position is classified according to salary scale 11 (minimum 3,344.91 and maximum 5,139.78);
- Your travel costs are fully reimbursed, with sustainable transport being our standard;
- Annually 25 vacation days based on a 5-day working week;
- Possibility to save extra leave;
- A favorable pension scheme at Pensioenfonds Zorg & Welzijn;
- Plenty of room for training & development, such as unlimited use of the New Heroes training platform;
- A human employer, which is constantly evolving. That means a place where you can be yourself, shape changes and grow.
- Good to know: if you are hired, you will initially receive a one-year contract, with a chance of extension.
Offers are subject to positive references and the submission of a recent Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG).
Why do we ask for references and a VOG?
Save the Children participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
As a children's rights organization that fights abuse in whatever form we first of all want to be able to guarantee that our own employees are not guilty of this, or have done so. That's why we participate in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. And we accept standardized references when you apply for a job with us. By applying you agree to this.
What kind of employer is Save the Children?
In the Netherlands you work together with about 120 colleagues, but you are also part of an international network of more than 25,000 colleagues in 120 countries. We are the world's largest children's rights organization, but that doesn't mean our organization is impersonal. It was not! We make sure that everyone's voice just like that of the children we fight for is heard. That every colleague can be themselves and develop further.
At Save the Children, we are proud of our diversity. That is why we invite everyone to apply for a job with us, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religious and/or cultural background, personality and/or other visible and invisible characteristics. We celebrate our differences, because they allow us to grow together.
Got excited? Send your application before 14 May via the application form on our website . Unfortunately, we will not process applications submitted to us in any other way.
We will try to respond to your application within 2 weeks of the closing date.
If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact Sayonara Kartawirja, HR Advisor: [email protected]
* We only use all information you enter to process your application. No later than 4 weeks after the application procedure has ended, we will delete your data from our systems.
ABOUT SAVE THE CHILDREN
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children. We work in more than 120 countries, saving children's lives; fight for their rights; help them fulfill their potential.
We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
In 2013 we reached over 143 million children through our work, including over 52 million children directly. Follow this link to read our latest International Annual Review.
Share This on: