Claims Associate (Recoveries) - Claims & Legal (Fixed Term Contract) - (2200004L)
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
Reporting to the Legal Specialist, the role holder is responsible for ensuring the department meets its targets on all recovery matters from Insurance companies and third parties. This shall be done in liaison with the panel advocates as well as other service providers.
- Opening claim files, reserving as per claims manual guidelines and review of the claim files.
- Review documents and pertinent requirements regarding third party property damage claims.
- Ensure that the insurance claim made by the claimant is complete in form and complies with the documentary requirements of an insurance claim
- Corresponding and negotiating with third parties on recovery related matters.
- Updating the recoveries shared drive and ensuring that all recovery files are up to date.
- Timely sharing of all recovery documents with advocates appointed, ensuring no duplicity filing is encountered.
- Liaising with the recovery advocates in regard to production of documents to support recovery cases in court, and ensuring that the insured attends court as well as the necessary service providers.
- Ensuring that investigation/ tracing reports are submitted on time by the service providers. This is within the set times lines as per the SLA.
- Ensure that there is timely update by the recovery advocates of the spreadsheets.
- Ensure prompt submission of monies recovered and prompt receipting of the funds.
- Update legal claims registers for claims meetings and update the various claims reports
- Assist in giving advice on TPPD legal issues, compile comprehensive file notes both in the event of judgments and out of court matters.
- Assist in managing external Advocates on Britam Panel of Advocates through pro-active interaction and correspondences especially on TPPD related cases ensuring that maximum benefit is derived and set targets as per KPIS are met.
- Review advocates legal costs to ensure that the same are within the SLA and Advocates Remuneration Order
- Review status updates on TPPD matters as received by advocates in an effort to keep abreast with all ongoing briefs and advice/maintain adequate reserves based on the established reserving guidelines, and documentation received from the panel advocates.
- Update the legal specialist on all recovery matters per week this includes both motor and non-motor recoveries.
- Process payments to insureds and service providers.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Performance Measures
- As described in your Personal Scorecard
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications required and Essential Competencies - External
- Bachelor of degree in LAW (LLB)
- Obtain the relevant CLE points in every given year
- 2-3 years experience in TPPD insurance claims processing
- Knowledge and experience in the insurance sector
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies)
Emerging Leaders in Britam need to:
- Plan, direct and apply efficiencies and resources in order to optimise output and profitability against time, cost and team targets;
- Effectively communicate strategic and operational departmental goals and objectives to peers and others in order to ensure proper implementation;
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated;
- Ensure competent and effective people resources through appropriate coaching, development and people supervision as appropriate;
- Embody a high performance, proactive culture;
- Effectively ensure the adherence to key performance areas, deadlines and goals in order to optimise operational effectiveness;
- Effectively communicate resource needs, possible opportunities and achievements to management in order to aid them in their decision-making;
- Effectively set and monitor priorities and objectives for more junior staff;
- Understand and communicate objectives in relation to the larger organisational impact;
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context, towards subordinates as well as management;
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering;
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness;
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels;
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients;
- Improve service delivery for clients;
- Engage in continuous brand building to become the trusted partners to clients.
Emerging Leaders Competency Descriptions.
- Presenting and Communicating Information - Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
- Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and pro-actively shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values - Upholds and encourages ethical behaviour and departmental values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organizational values during every day interactions.
- Analysing - Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system / process / problem.
- Planning and Organizing - Adheres to and monitors clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Deciding and Initiating Action - Takes responsibility for own, as well as subordinates actions and projects; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; introduces improvements into work processes; handles problems with minimal guidance.
- Leading and Supervising - Provides subordinates with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; provides subordinates with the relevant coaching; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; identifies high potential talent; sets and articulates the departmental vision and values through own personal behaviour; sets appropriate standards of behaviour.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts - Works strategically to realize personal goals; understands and effectively communicates the departmental strategy; translates the departmental strategy and vision into operational responsibilities; takes into consideration departmental strategy during all tasks; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to current role.
- Applying Expertise and Technology - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
- Following Instructions and Procedures - Challenges authority only when appropriate; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates a commitment to the organization; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adapting and Responding to change - Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi-Nairobi
Organization: Britam Asset Managers (K) Limited
Job Type: Contractual
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 09-09-2022
Unposting Date: 16-09-2022
Number of Openings: 1
Share This on: