Financial Controller at The Kibali Gold Mine Full-time Job1 year ago Accounting & Finance Kinshasa 2K views Reference: 780
Financial Controller Job Description
We are looking for a results-driven and confident financial controller to manage and improve our organization's financial performance and direct our accounting operations. Duties for the financial controller will include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing fiscal and parafiscal Risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing statutory financial statements, overseeing accounting operations for the Kinshasa office and Entebbe , analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, preparing sustainability report, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills.
Financial Controller Responsibilities: Kinshasa office (Kibali and Barrick Gold Congo) and Entebbe office.
- Preparing financial monthly and quarterly reports.
- Analyzing financial data and preparing of sustainability report on Monthly basis.
- Participating in the preparation of the quarterly press conference of the company (mainly Financial and fiscal contributions)
- Preparing transferred pricing document and companies tax documents
- Ensuring that the export and import process are dealt with properly.
- Overseeing and preparing Statutory income statements (OHADA).
- Participating in budgeting processes.
- Managing financial transactions.
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations.
- Evaluating and managing fiscal and parafiscal risk (DGDA, DGRAD, DGI and any Government department) .
- Coordinating internal and external audits processes.
- Ensure Regulatory and Tax Compliance
Financial Controller Requirements:
- Master's degree in accounting or equivalent.
- Proven experience in finance management.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Auditing experience.
- Compliance oriented.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Analytical skills.
Our mission is to be the worlds most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barricks highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
Share This on: