Strategic Program Manager, Legal Full-time Job1 year ago Legal / Attorney or Lawyer New York City 1K views Reference: 602
Strategic Program Manager, Legal
Atlanta, United States or
New York, United States or
Portland, United States or
San Francisco, United States or
San Jose, United States or
Seattle, United States
Airbnb careers- We are looking for a Strategic Program Manager to join our Product, Commercial & Marketing Legal team. You will be responsible for driving strategic initiatives that execute on how the team and broader Legal department support its business partners and company-wide objectives. These initiatives will involve creating, managing, and improving operational processes that may cut across the entire Legal department and drive alignment with other functions across the company. In addition to ongoing projects, you will have the opportunity to identify, manage and drive the execution of new initiatives intended to allow the team to operate more efficiently. You are resourceful, a fast learner, able to handle ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This role will report to the Deputy General Counsel, Product, Commercial & Marketing but will have responsibility for supporting various members across the entire team.
- Structure and lead execution of initiatives, develop implementation plans, governance models, communication plans, and provide overall project management leadership to drive completion and success.
- Build relationships with both business stakeholders and the broader Legal team in order to develop and drive improvements requiring their support.
- Develop and improve processes to help drive operational efficiency, including processes for legal review, decision-making, intake and other ways in which the team supports its business partners
- Collaborate with the Corporate Planning & Execution team, and other business partners to drive standardization and efficiency in Legals support of the business.
- Program manage Legals support of significant workstreams of company-wide product releases including:
- Be accountable for multiple workstreams by aligning and influencing relevant stakeholders across Legal department; when necessary raise risks to appropriate leaders, forums and facilitate decision-making
- Report workstream status and team performance across all workstreams
- Facilitate regular program meetings. Ensure right stakeholders and cross-functional team members are involved, document decisions and actions items, and follow up with owners on commitments
- Identify and predict obstacles, collisions, and risk to projects across multiple teams and seek solutions to eliminate them
- Balance competing priorities and adjust resources as necessary
- Act as a connector between teams to facilitate their work
- Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of project/program management experience
- Proactive, resourceful self-starter with the ability to work independently while exercising good judgment on when to seek guidance from managing attorneys and legal professionals
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills; strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills also a must
- Entrepreneurial approach to identifying needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions
- Passion for trying, learning, improving, and sharing best practices
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work positively with cross-functional stakeholders and align them on common goals
- Passionate and enthusiastic about organizational excellence and attention to detail
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and communicate at all levels of an organization
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Airtable, Salesforce and ability to quickly learn and use new software tools
- Experience working in an in-house legal department in the technology sector helpful, but not required
- High level of integrity, professionalism, curiosity and desire to grow
- Sense of humor, low ego, and willingness to Embrace the Adventure!
Share This on: