Surface Category Manager DACH at Microsoft jobs Full-time Job1 year ago Advertising & Marketing Munich 2.1K views Reference: 644
At Microsoft our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In Consumer Channel Sales & Marketing (CCSM) our purpose is to create value with our partners, to market and sell innovative consumer solutions powered by Windows, M365, Surface, and Xbox. We are positioned right at the intersection of customers, hardware partners, and channel partners. Our team works with ecosystem partners and internal business groups to drive digital excellence and e-commerce capability, as well as accelerate cloud and subscription adoption. Together, we win by delivering compelling at-home and on-the-go experiences combining intelligent edge devices and services that create Microsoft fans for life.
Drive the Surface business for Microsofts Consumer Channels Sales & Marketing (CCSM) organization across DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland). This role drives the strategy, investment priorities and goals in partnership with our Sales and Channel marketing team.
The role will focus on developing and executing annual and seasonal marketing plans across Surface and Accessories. The role will also be responsible for managing the P&L and demand planning as well as leveraging insights to report on business performance and drive new growth opportunities. You will transform the business in partnership in region, develop new business models to accelerate customer acquisition while growing revenue and gross margin.
This role will report to the Surface Category Lead for DACH
- Define & own implementation of product-specific channel strategy and investments, optimizing GTM plans and Surface strategy landing across Channel and Partners
- Lead the seasonal category planning partnering across internal stakeholders such as CCSM Finance, Sales Excellence, Channel Sales, Partner Marketing and Online Stores
- Design strategic programs and incentives aligned to Microsoft vision and strategy
- Influence long range product and GTM planning
- Orchestrate portfolio of investments, channels, and motions to maximize short term results (revenue, scorecard) and customer Lifetime Value (LTV).
- Establish and drive growth initiatives, defining and tracking a consistent set of KPIs and reporting rhythms.
- Pilot new GTM & Sales motions to continue to evolve our business
- Create local enablement to execute the priorities including [i] tools, processes, stakeholder management, and alignment across functions [ii] partner pitch deck/storytelling creation and localization [iii] WW and regional seasonal guidance [iv] retail GTM readiness
- Act as the internal and external voice of the product / solution
Manage & Monitor
- Drive rhythm of business (ROB) framework orchestration and deliverables through performance and planning cycles
- Partner closely with Finance to ensure planning across revenue and investments is harmonized for budget and forecast cycles
- Define and implement annual success metrics, strategic indicators, and investment effectiveness across regional and corporate teams
- Take accountability for product revenue, P&L, and scorecard results including forecasting as well as leading investment and fiscal control and optimization
- Drive strategic and agile tactical communication process of business performance
- Generate business and competitive insights through data analysis & visualization, from product and partner perspectives
- Highly studied in the competitive landscape and possesses analytical prowess to understand multiple variables of the competition landscape leading to strategic and thoughtful planning impacting the business (e.g. configuration, price, and product lifecycles)
- Industry Experience: Experience in Consumer Electronics, Category Management, Marketing or Sales
- Strategic Business Planning - Create strategic business objectives and category plans, coordinate segment and partner prioritization, ability to set clear goals / timelines for the team to achieve or exceed on revenue and GM, influence assortment and volume builds, and execute against the product lifecycle
- Consultative Leadership - Influence partners with category subject matter expertise to support the sales motion across the channels
- Marketing Principles - Develop and orchestrate integrated marketing plans and strategic market objectives by channel partner, guide marketing execution and measure execution and return on investment (ROI)
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing or related field. MBA is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Job number 1293821
- Date posted Apr 12, 2022
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Marketing
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Microsoft enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Share This on: