Actuarial Associate-Life Full-time Job4 months ago Insurance Nairobi 534 views Reference: 718
Actuarial Associate-Life - (2200004J)
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
The role holder is responsible for executing the day-to-day tasks/projects of the Actuarial unit by performing data checks and analysis, experience investigations, business projections and valuation of technical liabilities for the assigned LOB.
- Coordinate with the assigned Segment in the preparation of valuation data.
- Timely calculation of accurate insurance technical liabilities provided for monthly financial reporting as well as carrying out Reserve Adequacy Tests. This includes preparation of reports on valuation results.
- Prepare data to inform embedded value and analysis of surplus calculations.
- Timely calculation of solvency on monthly basis.
- Carry out experience investigations as directed e.g. on expenses, Return on Assets, lapse rates, Mortality etc.
- Prepare input data for the annual business planning exercise, strategy reviews and for capital management/solvency purposes as well as Stress and Scenario testing on the projections.
- Coordinate with the assigned Segment in the preparation of data for the management and board reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Measures
- As described in your Personal Score Card
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- University Degree in actuarial science, statistics, engineering, mathematics, physics, economics or related field with strong emphasis on mathematical proficiency
- 0-2 years experience in a similar position
- Progress in Institute of Actuaries examinations (3 papers)
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies)
Emerging Leaders in Britam need to:
- Presenting and Communicating Information - Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
- Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and pro-acitvely shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values - Upholds and encourages ethical behavior and departmental values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organizational values during every day interactions.
- Analyzing - Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system / process / problem.
- Planning and Organizing - Adheres to and monitors clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Deciding and Initiating Action - Takes responsibility for own, as well as subordinates actions and projects; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; introduces improvements into work processes; handles problems with minimal guidance.
- Leading and Supervising - Provides subordinates with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; provides subordinates with the relevant coaching; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; identifies high potential talent; sets and articulates the departmental vision and values through own personal behavior; sets appropriate standards of behavior.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts - Works strategically to realize personal goals; understands and effectively communicates the departmental strategy; translates the departmental strategy and vision into operational responsibilities; takes into consideration departmental strategy during all tasks; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to current role.
- Applying Expertise and Technology - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
- Following Instructions and Procedures - Challenges authority only when appropriate; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates a commitment to the organization; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adapting and Responding to change - Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Statistical techniques
- Proficient knowledge on the insurance industry in Kenya
- Knowledge of reinsurance arrangements and structures
- Knowledge of statistical packages or programming (e.g. SAS, Visual Basic)
- Database management systems
Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi-Nairobi
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 09-09-2022
Unposting Date: 23-09-2022
Number of Openings: 2
Share This on: