Corporate CSE IFA/Branch Full-time Job4 months ago Insurance Kisumu 887 views Reference: 716
Corporate CSE IFA/Branch-KISUMU - (2200004K)
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
Growth of IFA business to meet set annual premium targets
- Secure new corporate business through intermediaries
- Retain existing corporate business as per set objectives
- Maintain excellent customer service to intermediaries and clients
- Service existing business and resolve customer complaints
- Follow up on renewals for corporate general insurance business
- Forward proposal forms to the underwriting department
- Follow up premium collections for corporate clients
- Prepare weekly and daily reports as required
- Undertake initial underwriting in accordance with set guidelines to ensure sound acceptance of risk
- Respond to customer and client inquiries
- Follow up on commissions and claims issues emanating from intermediaries
- Recruitment of intermediaries as per set objectives
- Conversion of FAs and IFAS in the market to ensure all are placing corporate general insurance business
- Continuous execution of initiatives and strategies per market to ensure meeting of set objectives and reviewing them where need be.
- Training intermediaries on general insurance products and submitting training schedules to supervisors.
- Use an authorized incentive scheme to bring in new business through training intermediaries on the same and marketing it.
- Creating strategic partnerships with intermediaries for maximum business support.
- Sharing of market intelligence with supervisor
- Work closely with underwriter and branch manager and other lines of business to achieve set objectives
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Delegated Authority: As per the approved delegated authority matrix
Key Performance Measures
As described in your Personal Score Card
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
Knowledge, experience, and qualifications required
- Bachelors degree in a business-related field
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, IIK)
3 2-4 years relevant experience in the insurance industry
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies)
Emerging Leaders in Britam need to:
- Plan, direct and apply efficiencies and resources in order to optimise output and profitability against time, cost and team targets;
- Effectively communicate strategic and operational departmental goals and objectives to peers and others in order to ensure proper implementation;
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated;
- Ensure competent and effective people resources through appropriate coaching, development and people supervision as appropriate;
- Embody a high performance, proactive culture;
- Effectively ensure the adherence to key performance areas, deadlines and goals in order to optimise operational effectiveness;
- Effectively communicate resource needs, possible opportunities and achievements to management in order to aid them in their decision-making;
- Effectively set and monitor priorities and objectives for more junior staff;
- Understand and communicate objectives in relation to the larger organisational impact;
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context, towards subordinates as well as management;
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering;
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness;
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels;
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients;
- Improve service delivery for clients;
- Engage in continuous brand building to become the trusted partners to clients.
Emerging Leaders Competency Descriptions.
- Presenting and Communicating Information - Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
- Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and pro-actively shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values - Upholds and encourages ethical behavior and departmental values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organizational values during everyday interactions.
- Analyzing - Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system/process / problem.
- Planning and Organizing - Adheres to and monitors clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Deciding and Initiating Action - Takes responsibility for own, as well as subordinates actions and projects; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; introduces improvements into work processes; handles problems with minimal guidance.
Primary Location: Kenya-Kisumu-Kisumu
Organization: Britam Asset Managers (K) Limited
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 09-09-2022
Unposting Date: 16-09-2022
Number of Openings: 1
Share This on: