Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) in the field of Youth and Community Dialogue Full-time Job2 years ago Social Services Nairobi 6.8K views Reference: 416
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
- Assignment period:04/01/2022 - 12/31/2023
- Field:Peace, Security and Emergency
- Type of employment:full-time
- Application deadline:03/13/2022
The cooperation between the Civil Peace Service (CPS) of the GIZ in Kenya and our partner organization, the Ruben Centre (RC) in the slums of Mukuru in Nairobi, aims at preventing displacement triggered by community and ethnical youth violence. In addition, our partner organization is trying to foment the dialog between the slum dwellers and governmental and parastatal entities in order to mitigate or even avoid future evictions in the context of urban infrastructure developments.
- Support and advice to our partner organization Ruben Centre (RC) in the development, implementation and monitoring / evaluation of peacebuilding activities with marginalized youth in urban slums as well as in dialogue activities involving urban slum dwellers and governmental, parastatal and private developers
- Contribute actively to the development and implementation of operational guidance and capacity building for other peace-building partners in her/his specific area of expertise (youth and conflict, gangs, street work, community dialogue and development, et al.)
- Ensure proper liaison between the RC project team, the GIZ-CPS administration, PME Advisors, other partner organizations and relevant team departments (i.e. dialogue, MHPSS, etc.)
- Active engagement in the relevant technical working groups of the GIZ-CPS in Kenya
- Masters or bachelors degree in social work, community development or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience as Social Worker in urban informal settlements in Europe or the global south
- Work experience as Street Worker is a major asset
- Work experience in public community participation and dialog is a major asset
- Working experience in the global south is a major asset
- Knowledge and experience in project management is an asset
- Fluency in English (oral and written), knowledge of Kiswahili is an advantage
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Kenya.
The security situation requires heightened vigilance. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The working environment is subject to special restrictions on the freedom of movement. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: [email protected]
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ works flexibly to deliver effective and efficient solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
For GIZ, the 2030 Agenda is the overarching framework that guides its work, which it implements in close cooperation with its partners and commissioning parties.
Share This on: