Household Economic Strengthening Officer Full-time Job3 months ago Social Services Nairobi 396 views Reference: 809
Save the Children International Kenya- Samburu Office, has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Household Economic Strengthening Officer - Turkana. The post holder will provide support to all livelihoods or household economic strengthening work at field level. S/he will be involved in the research and learning, monitoring and evaluation of the livelihoods aspects of the NAWIRI project. With the guidance of the HES Advisor, S/he will be involved in the coordination and networking with NAWIRI consortium partners led by Mercy Corps, County departments responsible for agriculture, livestock, nutrition, trade and other NGOs. S/he will support on all household economic strengthening elements of the project, providing capacity building for the county staff. S/he will promote best practice in the livelihoods programmes and contribute to the overall success of the NAWIRI programme. S/he will be involved in the implementation of livelihoods or household economic strengthening activities in Turkana and /Samburu County.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
No of Vacancies: 1
Nationality:Kenya National only
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Social Sciences, Community Development or other discipline relevant to rural livelihoods.
- At least 3 years relevant project work experience in an international NGO or similar organization.
- Good technical knowledge of policy and practice in the field of livelihoods, crop and livestock production as well as other cross cutting issues.
- Understanding and experience in implementing nutrition security, food security and livelihoods programmes.
- Good understanding of system approach to ending persistent acute malnutrition.
- Clear understanding of and proactive approach to nutrition resilience, hunger and food security issues in Kenya, particularly in the context of Turkana and Samburu counties.
- Understanding and experience in child rights programming.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of county staff and partners with willingness to adopt participatory and consultative approaches.
- Experience with livelihoods programming in arid and semi-arid land (ASAL) settings preferred.
- Good communication, presentation, training and report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Willing to work in isolated rural areas with basic living conditions, and work in difficult field conditions.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- Fluency in English and Swahili, both verbal and written, required.
- Knowledge of local language is an added advantage.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
: Fixed Term
: Oct 20, 2022
We respond to emergencies, achieve sustainable development and ensure that children's voices are heard. As the largest independent children's rights organization in the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from injustice. Every day again. unconditionally.
Share This on: