COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR Full-time Job10 months ago Media, Communications & Writing Atlanta 1.1K views Reference: 528
|Work Location : US - Atlanta, GA||Type of Post : Not Applicable|
|Other Possible Location : Any state where CARE USA operates||Funding : APPROVED|
|Expected Travel : up to 10%||Type of Contract :|
|Language Requirement : ENGLISH||Application Deadline :|
|Employee Duration : Active Full-Time|
The Media Team is looking to hire a Communications Coordinator. Reporting to the Senior Press Officer, the ideal candidate has a passion for humanitarian work and our mission to end hunger and poverty through a more gender inclusive world. While this position can be remote, preference will be given to candidates based out of Washington, D.C., Atlanta, or New York City.
- Media Relations support
- Regular updating of media lists/contacts
- Coordination/support for meetings, calls, etc.
- Creation of media recaps and reports of media placements and audience reach
- Assist the Senior Press Officer in media outreach
- Draft press releases as needed
- Ensure media calendar and agendas are always up to date
- Systems management
- Daily media monitoring
- Keep the media section of the website up to date routinely posting press releases and media placements
- Support internal team coorindation and meetings
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 1-3 years of media/public relations experience either at an agency or in-house
- Knowledge of key U.S. and international media outlets
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
There are individuals who may use CAREs name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If youre contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected].
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If youd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
A global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security.
CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
We put women and girls in the center because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
Share This on: