Conservation programme manager Full-time Job8 months ago Nature & environment Arusha 1.6K views Reference: 494
Conservation programme manager
Contract type: Co.Co.Co.
Remuneration: Gross salary 3.000 3.200 Euro
Duration: 12 months (renewable for other 3 years)
Starting date: June / July 2022 indicatively
Duty station: Arusha, United Republic of Tanzania with several field trip in the intervention area
The conservation programme manager will coordinate, supervise and strengthen the nature conservation projects of Oikos in Tanzania.
- Coordinate and manage Oikos team in the implementation of conservation projects in Northern Tanzania in compliance with Oikos and Donors procedures and protocols;
- Ensure the implementation of the activities is effective and adheres to the projects goals and the mission and vision of the organization under the supervision of Oikos Country Coordinator and the Scientific Advisor;
- Develop initiatives and programmes within the strategic sectors of Oikos also promoting new international and local synergies.
- Develop project plans and supervise execution and timelines;
- Coordinate teams for technical, advisory and on-grounds support;
- Liaise with relevant partners and significant project stakeholders;
- Comply with procurement procedures and supervise the preparation of contracts and internal supporting documents;
- Compile reports to be submitted to donors;
- Ensure program compliance with internal policies and external requirements;
- Prepare in synergy with the Oikos team the project proposals to be sent to the donors (primarily focusing on foundations and government grants).
A Masters degree or above in Environmental Science, Biological Science, Environmental Engineering or related subject;
Excellent command of spoken and written English;
At least 3 years of professional experience in technical and financial management of programmes;
Demonstrated ability to write grant proposals;
Evidence of ability to commit for long term engagements;
Ability to maintain effective working relations with all the stakeholders and strong coordination and dialogue-building skills;
Ability to perform work with minimal supervision, based on analysis, experience and judgment.
Highly regarded additional qualifications and skills:
Relevant professional experience in management, implementation and/or research/studies of conservation of natural resources-related projects especially in drylands and pastoralist systems;
Project and programme management previous positions;
Experience in working with Government authorities, NGOs, civil society organizations and community-based organizations on socio-economic development/nature-based solutions;
Specific qualifications and expertise on wildlife, forest, agriculture and/or water management would be of advantage;
Work experience in the Northern Tanzania/Southern Kenya landscape;
Experience with international donors (USAID, EU, US Fish and Wildlife etc) and related contractual obligations and procedures;
Knowledge of basic Swahili language.
To apply send your CV, including the data of 2 people for professional references, motivation letter (1 page maximum) with authorization to process personal data in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the G.D.P.R. (General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 Legislative Decree 196/2003) to [email protected]
Deadline: 31st May 2022
Indicate in the subject line: CPM/TZ/22
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Istituto Oikos reserves the right not to hire or employ an applicant if the recruitment process or background check reveals that the applicant has been previously reported for a SEA incident or is not suitable to work with beneficiaries. Istituto Oikos will not hire or employ anyone with a prior conviction for SEA or related offence.
This selection respects the principle of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).
Share This on: