Marketing Operations Manager Full-time Job1 year ago Advertising & Marketing New York City 1.4K views Reference: 646
Marketing Operations Manager
Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions, and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth search engine, Microsoft Bing as well as our audience portfolio.
The Marketing Excellence team is responsible for delivering best in class, digital customer experiences through our global websites & marketing automation programs. We support demand generation, retention & growth across all customer segments. We manage scalable operations that bring our marketing programs & content strategies to life. We enable the Marketing teams growth through delivery of analytics solutions and actionable insights to inform activation & effectiveness.
As a team we believe in:
- Being customer centric and examining every aspect of our marketing through an inclusive lens
- Being curious, doing our best & being willing to fail
- Being authentic, honest & respectful to others
- Having fun, supporting each other & being human
- Operating with clarity and prioritizing for the highest impact
Overview: Your Role
Our team is looking for an experienced marketing operations manager who has a passion for designing great customer experiences and building world-class operations that will bring those experiences to life. In this role you will lead our global campaign roadmap & planning process.. You will lead a team of agency project managers & content operations specialists who are responsible for standardization of planning process, best practices, cross-functional collaboration and seamless, on time execution of marketing initiatives and campaigns.
You can navigate large, cross-functional teams with ease. You live and breathe project management excellence. You are equal parts team leader, critical thinker, and champion of the customers our work is being created for. Most of all you thrive on enabling teams to deliver their best work.
The impact youll be making in this role:
- Owning our campaign & operations roadmap including campaign & initiative intake, prioritization, omni-channel planning, resource forecasting and delivery through cross functional teams.
- Design and optimize technology, systems, workflows, and standards for campaign planning and execution. This includes content asset development & management.
- Establish operational benchmarks & optimization plans. You are accountable for ensuring every campaign & program is delivered on time, 100% complaint & meets accessibility standards. Responsible for establishing goals and action plans to reduce time to market & increase quality.
- Own our Digital Marketing Playbook. Accountable for agency & marketing onboarding & ongoing learning of digital marketings processes, tools & technology. You represent voice of marketer & agency into our operations and technology roadmap & prioritization.
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders, matrix project teams, partners, and senior leadership both inside and outside the company.
- Lead implementation and ongoing management of cross channel resource management platform.
- Design long-term plan for categorizing, indexing, and archiving content and information resources, including digital asset management platform management.
- Learning and professional growth:continually strengthen your industry & functional expertise and contribute to the success of others by insights, best practices and feedback into our organizations learning agenda.
- Conducts medium-sized (e.g., a feature) planning by seeking to identify key milestones, providing input into developing plans, and contributing to team discussions. Understand and articulates business impacts. Develops planning documents and drives discussions to drive action and ensure execution, managing ambiguity and complex scenarios. Works across teams to provide status updates, drive progress, and align business stakeholders.
- Supports tracking of deliverables and timeliness in workflow tools (e.g., ticketing systems, project management information tools). Follows governance processes to ensure any possible changes/issues are socialized prior to implementation. Updates required documentation (e.g., playbooks).
- Orchestrates program deliverables and requirements across stakeholders. Develops and maintains relationships with lateral stakeholders. Manages stakeholder expectations by identifying information to be communicated, providing communications, and driving action. Escalates stakeholder issues to senior colleagues. Identifies information to be communicated. Communicates with stakeholders to provide clarity and transparency.
- Supports team by participating in business stakeholder interviews and providing feedback on existing products and services. Utilizes understanding of details gathered to align requests with Engineering colleagues and contributes to defining requirements. Contributes to communicating business justification.
- Consults on non-standard builds (e.g., understanding tools and how they are built, flexibility within them, how tools are implemented, state of tools within industry). Learns and understands the current state of the industry, including knowledge of tools, techniques, strategies, and processes that can be utilized to improve process efficiency and performance. Maintains knowledge of current trends within the discipline to understand broader requirements. Understands business objectives and aligns to broader platform architecture priorities to set up platform(s) for campaign execution.*
- Develops and executes processes and procedures to enable management of marketing artifacts. Coordinates with campaign leads and identifies issues. Participates in sprint planning processes to prioritize work and delivers in a timely and quality fashion. Consults on marketing technology artifacts that may require above and beyond standard build processes.*
- Supports compliance of Marketing products/programs, policies, and processes by completing trainings and ensuring own understanding with minimal guidance. Abides by all compliance policies, processes, etc.*
*Note: It was determined that requirements differed among some employees in the Marketing Technology specialization/role. These differences are noted where relevant.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 2+ years marketing operations, program management, project management, or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 3+ years marketing operations, program management, project management, or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ year(s) technology/process improvement experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Job number1316932
- Date postedApr 12, 2022
- Travel0-25 %
- Role typeIndividual Contributor
- Employment typeFull-Time
Job available in 11 locations
- Bellevue, Washington, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Austin, Texas, United States
- Bellevue, Washington, United States
- Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Detroit, Michigan, United States
- New York, New York, United States
- San Francisco, California, United States
- Seattle, Washington, United States
Microsoft enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Share This on: