Volunteer Finance Assistant Volunteer Job11 months ago Accounting & Finance Nairobi 1.3K views Reference: 427
Cash & Bank payments processing
- Assist with maintaining both Kshs. and USD petty cash at the set limits and take responsibility of any cash differences arising.
- Ensure that there is sufficient petty cash at all times for Ksh. and USD for smooth operation
- Ensure all Petty cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per IRC delineation schedule before disbursement.
- Ensuring that authorizations on the payment requests are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart
- Preparation of petty cash spreadsheets to upload stage ready for review by FA at the end of the month.
- Ensure that a supervised petty cash counts are performed every Friday.
- Devise a cash replenishment schedule to minimize weekly bank visits
- Ensure authorized receipts are correctly coded and issued upon receipt of monies.
- Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies.
- Assist with reconciliation of USD bank account and preparation of spreadsheets to upload stage ready for review monthly
Filing and Digital Filling
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers
- Before filing, ensure that all documents have been stamped 'PAID' including cash payment reference details.
- Scanning all financial documents and digitally filling them.
- Retrieving, reviewing and filling back audit documents.
- To maintain an organized and well-documented bank correspondences file ensuring its continuously updated.
- Work closely with Finance Assistant to ensure effective training.
- Assist Finance Assistant with cashbook update and maintenance.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- A bachelors degree in accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with CPA 1.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Share This on: