Assistant Manager Data Warehouse Full-time Job4 months ago Computer & IT Nairobi 456 views Reference: 702
Assistant Manager Data Warehouse
This role is responsible for administration and maintenance of organisation wide Data Warehouse ecosystem
- Manages day-to-day operations of Data Warehouse and BI Team and supervision of staff in this Unit.
- Plans and reviews systems deployment and performance requirements.
- Administers the data warehousing environment, including installation, configuration, security, testing, data growth, performance and troubleshooting, platform upgrades, support agreements and disaster recovery
- Develops, tests and deploys extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes
- Manages scheduling of ETL processes
- Manages the Data warehouse and Business Intelligence IT Infrastructure.
- Oversees the evaluation, design and implementation of database enhancements.
- Liaises with other section/s in regards to capacity Planning and ensuring optimal utilization of the database system resources.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or any other IT or Management related Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Certification in Database administration.
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Unix/Linux Certified Systems Administrator/Microsoft Certified Engineer
The following certifications/training will be an added advantage:
- COBIT 5
- Web Application Servers i.e. Tomcat and JBOSS, Web Logic
- ETL Tools e.g Informatica Power Center, Oracle Data Integrator, etc
- BI Tools e.g OBIEE, PowerBI, etc
Relevant Work Experience Required
Have at least four (4) years working experience in management of data warehousing & BI in a busy environment and one (1) year experience in a supervisory level.
- Sound experience in Database Administration.
- Experience in managing ETL tools such as Informatica Power Centre or ODI.
- Experience in managing BI tools such as Oracle BI/Power Bi.
- Experience in Programming/scripting languages such as SQL, PL/SQL or other programming languages (Perl, PHP)
- Experience in administration of Engineered Systems e.g Oracle Exadata, Oracle Exalytics will be an added advantage
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the Register button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on Log in to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the Applicant Cockpit.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the Applicant Cockpit page, go to the tab Candidate Profile.
- Click on My Profile to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab Overview and Release.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab Employment Opportunities on the Applicant Cockpit page.
- Under the heading Job Search click the Start button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click Apply button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the Send Application Now button after reviewing and accepting the Data Privacy Statement.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to [email protected]
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to [email protected]
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)
Share This on: