Field Property Claims Unit Manager, Catastrophe Full-time Job5 months ago Insurance Remote 266 views Reference: 635
Field Property Claims Unit Manager, Catastrophe
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead a claims team with a responsible company that has consistently outpaced the industry in year over year growth? Liberty Mutual Insurance has an excellent claims management opportunity available.
The Claims Unit Manager is responsible for the development and performance of several claims teams who manage, investigate, and resolve claims of all complexities, ensuring a high-quality work product. The Claims Unit Manager advocates for a culture of claims customer service excellence where all are committed to providing a differentiated customer experience.
- Owns the development and performance of several Claims teams ensuring the quality, accuracy, and timely resolution of claims of all complexities. Continuously develops talent by creating opportunities for direct reports to grow and strengthen new skills.
- Advocates claims customer service excellence by building empathy and passion for the customer experience that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
- Demonstrates a passion and vision towards a highly effective and engaged employee culture. Selects top talent, delivers continuous coaching, rewards and recognizes employees to reinforce behaviors that ensure service excellence, and holds other accountable for the development of their teams.
- Monitors the performance of teams and claims team managers, analyzing any problematic trends to identify root cause problems. Escalates issues or may recommend solutions to operational leadership. Advocates a culture committed to identifying process efficiencies to continuously improve how work is completed.
- Resolves complaints, problems, and coverage questions that are escalated from teams, escalating further if needed. Collaborates effectively with internal and external stakeholders including existing policyholders, the business community and governmental agencies, to ensure compliance with regulatory and company standards.
- Promotes and advocates business unit goals and objectives, ensuring alignment with broader claims functional goals.
Primary Location: Remote
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to lead and manage multiple claims teams (or Claims Reps /Specialists) and effectively communicate operational procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and methods pertaining to the claims field; knowledge of claims management practices, company operations and policies.
- Advanced insurance related designations / CPCU preferred.
- 7-10 years of relevant and progressively more responsible claims work experience required, bachelor`s degree preferred.
Share This on: