Recovery Resolution Specialist Full-time Job8 months ago Insurance Remote 801 views Reference: 710
Recovery Resolution Specialist
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance A Fortune 100 Company! At Liberty Mutual Insurance, Claims is not just about processing paper, its a vital part of satisfying customers, managing company resources and fulfilling Liberty Mutual Insurances mission of helping people live safer, more secure lives.
Liberty Mutual Insurance is currently hiring for a Recovery Specialist position in Commercial Insurance Claims. You will put your investigative and analytic skills to work; communicating with policyholders, witnesses, legal and medical professionals, and others to gather the critical information necessary for the prompt, fair and equitable resolution of many different types of claims. In this role you will coordinate, investigate, and recover Workers Compensation (WC) liens by pursuing the responsible third party and assists in providing service to policyholders/customers through subrogation efforts. Our goal is to identify and employ confident, self-starting, highly motivated individuals who display high-energy, intelligence and the natural curiosity we believe fundamental to our investigative process, the meeting of Market expectations and achieving our departmental financial objectives.
This is a 100% remote opportunity, but please be aware that light travel may be required in the future for business related purposes such as training, team meetings or other.
- Develop proficiencies in recovering past paid through subrogation handling.
- Investigate and identify responsible third parties, determine liability, and use all available resources to maximize the recovery for our customer.
- Develop aptitude with the claims systems used in the Loss Recovery Unit (LRU) such as Exprs
- Communicate with field office case managers, policyholders, injured employees, witnesses, etc. in order to gather information regarding the accident and uses internal and external resources when appropriate.
- Create a refund card with an estimation of the dollars expected to recover on the Workers Compensation lien.
- Notify third party and/or third-party insurance carrier of our WC lien and right of recovery.
- Negotiate recoveries with attorneys, third parties, and/or co-defendants in coordination with branch office efforts to resolve a WC claim.
- Update files and provides claim summary reports as required.
- Notify branch office of recovery amount and file disposition.
We are open to fill this position as a Recovery Resolution Specialist or a Recovery Resolution Representative, depending on candidate experience.
Primary Location: Remote
Education Level: Bachelors Degree
Travel: As Needed
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Good investigative, analytical and negotiation skills required
- Ability to learn and use multiple claims systems at once and knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Excel highly desired.
- Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner, ability to build effective relationships
- Bachelor`s degree or equivalent in addition to 1-year claims handling experience
- Knowledge of legal liability, insurance coverage and medical terminology preferred.
Share This on: