Reinsurance Financial Analyst III Full-time Job3 weeks ago Insurance Schaumburg 133 views Reference: 712
Reinsurance Financial Analyst III at Zurich
Zurich is currently looking for a Reinsurance Financial Analyst III Team Lead on the Bermuda/Global Energy/WAQS (Whole Account Quota Share) Reinsurance team. This position is working out of our North American headquarters in Schaumburg, Illinois or remotely.
This position is responsible for handling complex Property & Casualty reinsurance transactions, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of the reinsurance agreements, proper accounting methodology and departmental standard operating procedures. Responsible for teams workflow governance, financial and performance analysis, complex issue resolution and technical training. This position will also collaborate with the Reinsurance Reporting, ZNA Financial Reporting, local Bermuda and Switzerland teams on quarterly and annual deliverables.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing and applying proper accounting and operational procedures for complex reinsurance contracts
- Providing direction and/or perform proper calculations, recording, accounting, reporting, and settlement of complex reinsurance transactions
- Handling reinsurance claims of medium to high complexity
- Perform oversight for complex reinsurance related activity of Junior analysts assignments (i.e. premium and/or loss bookings, statement of accounts, billings, disbursements)
- Deputy to Manager, identify issues and coordinate resolution
- Communicating with management, reinsurers, customers, trading partners and high-level representatives from other departments (e.g. Claims, Actuarial, Finance)
- Developing, prepare, analyze, or review complex internal or external reinsurance reports, financial statements, key performance indicators, or scorecards
- Providing complex reinsurance agreement and individual transactional oversight responsibilities, including coaching and mentoring for team
- Identifying simplification and efficiency efforts of operational processes
- Collaborating with team ensuring proper protocols and procedural documentation in place
- Collaborating with appropriate stakeholders for operational set-up of new reinsurance treaty, captive or facultative agreements
- Lead and coordinate projects multitasking projects
- Assisting and providing feedback to audit request
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance and 6 or more years of experience in the Reinsurance area within the Insurance industry OR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Reinsurance area within the Insurance industry
- CPA / CPCU / CFA /CTP
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reinsurance contracts
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Technology experience related to one or more of the following areas: General ledger, financial reporting systems, Business Objects or other query tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Project Management skills
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Schaumburg, AM - Remote Work (US)
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Share This on: