Health Informatics Officer Full-time Job1 year ago Medical & Healthcare Kinshasa 1.5K views Reference: 821
Job no: 496758
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) - Kinshasa
Categories: Strategic Information/Surveillance/Monitoring & Evaluation
ICAP at Columbia University (ICAP) in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) seeks a short-term hire as a Health Informatics Officer. Under the supervision of the Project Director, the Health Informatics Officer will provide daily technical assistance to the Ministry of health, implementations partners and other stakeholders to strengthen data collection/reporting software and improve data analysis capabilities in the supported health zones. S/he will lead efforts to strengthen national DHIS2 and Tier.Net, high data quality and performance reporting to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of HIV programs through ICAPs CDC-funded project entitled Strengthening the Strategic Information (SI) Capacity of the Ministry of Health (MOH) in Support of HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Treatment Activities in the Democratic Republic of Congo under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
This position is grant-funded. The ideal candidate would be based in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Provide daily technical assistance to the PNLS to improve the use of the DHIS2 by health zones and health facilities (develop visual dashboards for health providers)
- Provide technical assistance to the PNLS and the NHIS Division to update on a regular basis the list of supported health facilities in the DHIS2
- Produce on a regular basis for the supported health zones a report on the completeness of data in the DHIS2 and discrepancies
- Work with the PNLS to improve existing data analysis tools developed and the use by implementation partners and other stakeholders
- Work with the PNLS to improve the accuracy of data in the Tier.Net and the use by health providers for making decisions and patient management
- Provide technical assistance to develop an OpenMRS in country
- Collaborates closely with the PNLS and other Ips on the implementation of the NDR
- Work with the PD to ensure timely and accurate reporting of program activities and results to CDC.
Degree in Informatics, Data analytics or related discipline
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in health information software development related to HIV/AIDS comprehensive services
- Demonstrated experience in the design or the implementation of data collection and reporting system for the HIV program in the context of DRC
- Significant experience in providing daily a technical assistance to a Ministry of Health SI program
- Experience in the data export/import, organization, and analysis. Knowledge of data analysis software (PowerBI, Advanced Excel, Tableau, STATA) is a major asset
- Knowledge of DHIS2 and other system implemented in DRC is required, knowledge of OpenMRS (Medical Record System) and informatics development required
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
For reasons of urgency, we inform you that applications will be analyzed as they are submitted, and ICAP RDC reserves the right to close the receipt of applications before the deadline in case the right profiles are found.
Advertised: 04 Oct 2022 W. Central Africa Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Oct 2022 W. Central Africa Standard Time
Share This on: