Quality & Risk Management (QRM) Manager Full-time Job8 months ago Accounting & Finance Dar es salaam 1.1K views Reference: 579
Consulting - S&O- Quality & Risk Management (QRM) Manager
About the Department
Deloittes Consulting is about making positive change happen. If youre ready to innovate and transform, Deloitte can help you imagine, deliver, and run your future. Consulting helps guide clients to the best possible business decisions. Whether theyre facing a specific problem or grasping new opportunities, from technology innovations to operational transformation. Youll help them shape the ideas, strategies and actions they need to succeed, now and for an ever-more-digital future. Youll work collaboratively on every project. And have opportunities to work with all kinds of organizations, from start-ups to government departments to major international brands. Developing a wide set of skills and knowledge, your career will be as fascinating and rewarding as it is impactful.
Deloitte Tanzania has an exciting opportunity for a qualified individual to join our Consulting departmentas a Quality & Risk Management (QRM) Manager.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best - because thats how you make an impact.
Main purpose of the job
To provide support and oversight to the team/s delivering International Donor Organization (IDO) projects with a focus on USAID projects across Africa. He/she will be required to liaise with client delivery teams and Risk, Independence & Legal team to identify potential risks throughout the project lifecycle and help to mitigate risks as they arise. Advise leadership on potential quality and risk management issues and ensure compliance with contract terms, USAID and US Government rules and regulations, internal risk management policies and procedures and provide guidance and monitoring of risk mitigation activities. Interpret contract requirements and obligations and provide guidance to engagement teams. Serve as a trusted advisor to client service delivery teams. Conduct periodic risk reviews of specific projects and help to identify trends across projects and propose mitigation measures.
- Manage the implementation of the strategic imperatives in line with USAID client account strategy relating to:
- Implementation of change initiatives within designated area/s
- Management of the implementation plan on a regular basis with the team
- Monitor skills level in the team relating to the required outputs and assisting as necessary
- Clear and regular communication with partner and teams on implementation status
- Support leadership in carrying out risk analysis on a regular basis for ongoing projects;
- Build professional relationships within service lines to understand business needs in areas of responsibility;
- Generate and implement innovative ideas and solutions within area of responsibility in collaboration with team members to enhance quality control and risk management;
- Recruit, mentor and guide team members and share expertise and knowledge on an ongoing basis;
- Identify areas of development for the team and provide suggestions on how to address them;
- Develop strong working relationships with the team to ensure retention;
- Delegate appropriately and encourage the team to share their expertise and knowledge;
- Provide relevant recognition and encouragement to team and lead by example;
- Act as coach/mentor ensuring effective guidance in development and career growth;
- Demonstrate commitment to transformation agenda of the firm;
- Provide input into annual budget to Business Unit Leader for drafting of budget for Service Area;
- Manage expenditure within the team and ensure time and expenses are submitted timely; and
- Monitor cost of quality, profitability and unbillable costs and identify risks.
- Bachelors Degree in Law;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification;
- A minimum of seven years relevant work experience;
- Significant USAID client delivery experience;
- Experience managing and delivering USAID contracts; and
- Experience managing and delivering other international development organization contracts including UN, Global Fund, World Bank, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and influence teams;
- Experience in implementation of technology solutions;
- Advanced understanding of USAID rules and contract negotiation and management.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
Competitive Edge - Applies understanding of disruptive trends and competitor activity to recommend changes in line with leading practices within Deloitte Global and the Deloitte member firms
Inspirational Leadership - Leads by example and makes a strong positive impact through energizing others, valuing differences and contributions, and inspiring self-belief.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and workalways striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloittes impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you research to gain background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
To the successful candidate, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one to make an impact that matters.
Please note that candidates that do not attach their CV and Certificates will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.
Closing date: 10 April 2022
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Share This on: