Consulting - S&O- Procurement Officer Full-time Job8 months ago Transportation & Logistics Dar es salaam 1.3K views Reference: 577
Consulting - S&O- Procurement Officer - USAID C3HP- HIV&TB Southern
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
About the Program
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program HIV/TB LOC (C3HP) in Southern regions in Tanzania. This is a five year project (November 9, 2021 to September 30, 2026) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzanias (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the Presidents Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high quality integrated HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and children. The program intends to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe, and Ruvuma regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health seeking behaviors among Tanzanias population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV & TB service delivery.
Deloitte Tanzania has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified individual to join our C3HP program as a Procurement Officer.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best - because thats how you make an impact.
Main purpose of the job
Implement procurement processes in a transparent, objective, economic and efficient manner that is consistent with relevant Deloitte and USAID guidelines, policies, regulations and national legislation.
- Promote collaboration between departments in undertaking procurement activities and facilitate the smooth interplay among all elements of the procurement process;
- Prepare and/ review user requirement solicitation documents, evaluation reports, procurement performance reports and any other documentation related to organization procurement process as may be required;
- Monitor the safekeeping of all relevant tender documents submitted by bidders, evaluation reports and tender contracts for future reference;
- Initiate timely preparation and submission of responses to requested clarification with respect to tenders to ensure that bidders are consistently and sufficiently informed for preparation of responsive bids within the bidding period;
- Update the user department and management on delivery status;
- Review invoices to confirm the required supporting document are attached and submit to the Finance team;
- Keep records and reports of all procurement activities performed by the Procurement Management Unit for various functions within the program;
- Carry out checks and re-checks of vendors in the Deloitte Conflict Check System (DCCS) and the Anti-terrorism check;
- Comply with Deloitte and USAID procurement guidelines, policies, regulations and national procurement legislation; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelors degree in Procurement Management, Procurement and Supplies Management;
- Certified Procurement and Supplies Professional (CPSP);
- A minimum of three years relevant experience;
- Experience in the Private Sector or International NGO's will be an added advantage;
- Good knowledge of USAID financial rules and regulations.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and workalways striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloittes impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you research to gain background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
To the successful candidate, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one to make an impact that matters.
Please note that candidates that do not attach their CV and Certificates will not be considered.
This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.
Closing date: 10 April 2022
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Share This on: