Head Chef Full-time Job9 months ago Tourism & Restaurants Zanzibar Urban/west 1.4K views Reference: 417
To manage all aspects of the restaurant(s) and café(s) kitchens and culinary offer, building an effective and motivated team which delivers consistent operational standards. Assisting in all aspects of brand standards, supplier relationships, team recruitment and development in line with ELR & Brand specific policies.
Key Position Accountabilities
The job holder is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Develop and implement procedures which are conducive to the brand guidelines to ensure a successful working relationship is maintained between Emirates Leisure Retail and its respective Brand partners/Brand specific policies
- Responsible for the overall management of the kitchen which includes; ensuring that daily due diligence is completed, managing team members and being accountable for the quality standards of the food being served, ensuring ELR and International (NSF) standards are adhered to.
- Ultimately accountable for the implementation of safety and hygiene systems, ensuring that the kitchen meets acceptable standards and passes all audit requirements
- Communicate any information to the relevant team members, which includes information on stock levels, best working practices, quality control in accordance with the company standards.
- Manage weekly and monthly stock-takes, daily required ordering and review results and variances with the F&B/ Outlet manager
- Ensure that all food preparation and food levels are consistent with quality and quantity standards, by conducting frequent quality checks of dishes to ensure that the kitchen is providing the best service possible
- Manage the controls of storage of all food items by minimizing spoilage, par levels of stock, daily production lists , waste, and exercising strict portion control to minimise cost impact on the business
- Ensure that team members follow guidelines and standard operating procedures which includes, working in line with set recipes and in line with the DDD to ensure that a consistent level of service is provided.
- Drives the maintenance of the finance inventory system (MYI systema and FMC ) to ensure that the ordering and receiving procedure meets the culinary operations demands
- Research and monitor best market practice to bring new and innovative ideas when developing menu cycles so we are seen as a progressive and forward-thinking company
- Manage the culinary team which includes, fair and dynamic scheduling, recruitment practices, conducting performance appraisals and coaching team members where appropriate to maintain an effective and motivated workforce
- Develop Senior and junior employees on standard operating procedures detailed in the DDD which includes, correct use of machinery and equipment, regular cleaning methods and monitoring the deep cleaning schedule to ensure that the kitchen is in line with stringent audit requirements and ensuring that the employees performance is monitored
- Adhere to the company and local authorities rules, regulations, guidelines and policies.
- Minimum of 8 years culinary experience within an established restaurant/hospitality company
- People Management skills
- Experience working with a multi-cultural team
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Passion for the culinary arts
- Able to work efficiently under pressure
- Able to work effectively within a team
- 2 years experience at the Head Chef level
- Good understanding of the English language
- Degree/qualification in culinary art
- Advanced Food safety or HACCAP certificate.
- MS and outlook computer skills
- Knowledge on local Authorities rules, regulations, and guidelines
Share This on: