Programme Associate G6 (384767) at WFP Contract Job6 months ago Program & Project Dar es salaam 0.9K views Reference: 970
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area will be an added advantage.
Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty stations language, if different.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). Job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or Head of Field Office.
At this level, job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFPs policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g., food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
4. Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g., assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED
6. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs, and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
7.Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
8. Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
9. Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only Tanzanian nationals should apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for applications is 12 March 2023.
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
Dar es Salaam
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Share This on: