Tanzania Government Relations Analyst Full-time Job3 months ago Media, Communications & Writing Iringa 476 views Reference: 761
About the Role
We are looking for a professional who will lead the development of Government Relations strategy and contribute to country leadership and global Government Relations strategy delivery. You will inform our wider policy, reporting, outreach work, and scope out opportunities to partner with the government that shape and implement policy through One Acre Fund field programs. You will directly manage our Local Government Relations team and will report to the External Relations Manager
- Set and monitor department strategy through OKRs and the Department Budget, ensuring results are achieved with maximum efficiency
- Establish a network of senior government and political champions at parliamentary/cabinet levels to support One Acre Fund's program and future expansion and creatively explore new networks
- De-risk the business from regulatory barriers through identifying trends in government and politics that may affect One Acre Fund activities, and design strategies that mitigate future risks
- Organize meetings and field visits for strategic outreach to the senior advisory board, national government and politicians and deliver targeted briefings and reports to this group
- Support and monitor the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations and circulate legal compliance reports with management, and external regulatory entities
- Conduct policy advocacy work with relevant authorities and key decision makers to ensure the interests of the company and our farmers are protected
- Liaise with the legal team to conduct staff training programs to re-enforce a culture of compliance and accountability and create self-audit programs to monitor the effectiveness of compliance systems
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. Youll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. Youll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 3+ years experience in external or government relations
- Conversant with government structure in Tanzania
- Leadership experience with exposure to managing complex team structures
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Iringa or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Tanzania
30 October 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organizations mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Share This on: