Driver Full-time Job9 months ago Transportation & Logistics Dodoma 1.9K views Reference: 426
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer the incumbentwill be responsible for driving vehicles to transport persons and goods authorized byOM, from one destination to another as scheduled in safe and cost-effectivemanner. The incumbent will perform the following essential functions:
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Drive IOM assigned vehicle(s).
2. Ensure the safety of passengers, cargo and vehicle and observe traffic rules and road discipline.
3. Perform the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fanbelt, battery, and ensuring the cleanliness of the vehicle.
4. Make weekly reports on vehicle status and share with the Supervisor. Report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the vehicle that requirimmediate attention to the Supervisor. Assist the Supervisor in planning and control of (regular) services.
5. Dispatch and collection of official documents and mail.
6. Complete Communication Equipment Checklists i.e., radio, cell phone, walkie/talkie, other equipment.
7. In case of accident, ensure supervisors are informed and a police reporis obtained.
8. Ensure proper authorized use of IOM vehicles through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs and report to supervisor if unauthorized incidents/use took place
Check daily status and availability of spares, jack and tools and perform
minor repairs to the vehicle, change tires, refuel the vehicle as always
required and ensure cleanliness of the vehicle.
10. Ensure that, the IOM vehicle(s) are only used for official/authorized business and report to supervisor if unauthorized incident (s) took place.
11. Return keys for safeguarding at the end of the shift or hand over to the next driver.
12. Prepare monthly and annual fuel reports, maintenance reports and personal mileages reports for IOM vehicles in Dodoma and verify that IOM cars are used for official trips only.
13. May be required to work night/weekend shifts and on a regular basis.
14. Perform other duties as may be required by Supervisor.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Secondary School Diploma, Minimum 2 (Two) Years of experience
Must possess valid driving license for driving Public Service Vehicles
Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs
Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations
(specify the required knowledge)
Fluency in both written and
spoken, English and Kiswahili
English and Kiswahili
1 The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners;
relates well to people at all levels.
Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands
individual and collective responsibilities.
Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a
"hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and adjusting as necessary.
Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to
Managing and sharing knowledge
Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence
and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes
and assists in implementing them. Accountability
Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours
commitments to others and to the Organization.
Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Adapts communication to the recipients needs, asks questions to
clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others. acts on received information.
Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for UN vacancies and are
protected from discrimination during all stages of employment.
Females with qualifications are encouraged to apply.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application,
interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information
related to bank accounts.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CVs and cover letter
indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: [email protected]
The vacancy is opened for Tanzanian national only. Only e-mail applications will be considered.
For further information, please refer to: https://tanzania.iom.int/careers
Posting period: From 15 February 2022 28February 2022
DOWNLOAD PDF HERE
and PH Form
With 149 member states, a further 12 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
Share This on: