Acquire and manage relationships with ABT and Non- ABT Corporate customers and develop solutions for suppliers, distributors, and contractors (ESD Customers) within their value chain through pro-active and consultative approach in providing financial assistance and Business Development Services.
Utilize customer focus approach to provide holistic financial solutions to basic and complex financial needs by understanding customers business process cycle.
Manage the quality of assets and liabilities in the portfolio through pro-active monitoring of customers transactions trends and movement.
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Accountability: Sales and Service: - 70%
Drive and deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting the ESD customer needs, matching with the appropriate ESD Products & Services.
- Identification and logging of product and service gaps driven by client needs for evaluation and possible development
- Own and manage personal and team product sales targets to contribute towards overall sales objectives.
- Identify when & where to refer customers to an appropriate area of delivery for specialist help or advice.
- Identify cross sell opportunities when making customer contact to maximize the customer value from each interaction.
- Consult SME coverage teams & trade products on pricing, solutions, issues dealing with product/service performance, business practices
- Consult credit, RCU, DSC teams on applications and structure of the facilities, business ideas and best practices
- Provide weekly call reports to Senior Relationship Manager or delegate
Accountability: Business Management: - 20%
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business.
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Prioritization Guidelines to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information.
- Monitor and control the quality of the portfolio using Condition of Sanction triggers where possible and in accordance with RM guidelines and Bank policy.
- Manage Early Warning List customers to reduce risk, following H.O. and Regional guidance provided.
- Adhere to procedures and guidelines within the BB RMCD.
Accountability: Staff Management: - 10%
- Attend Branch meetings and knowledge sharing meetings
- Conducting maintain constant dialogue/sharing of information with other departments (Retail and Corporate Credit, Corporate Banking, Retail Banking).
- Attend local functions/community/governmental and business development activities
- Develop and maintain contact with Product Specialists in other areas of the bank, including Corporate Banking, Treasury, and Retail Banking.
- Provide feedback into the performance review of other members of Cross function team
- Identify appropriate deal scope and structure in line with pricing decisions, product maintenance and compliance checks
Risk and Control Objective
- In the event of major issues in the business unit, act as crisis coordinator and allocate tasks to the crisis teams.
- Review the risk and compliance profiles of the business unit on a regular basis and provide consultative support to the Managing Director on changes that are required to rebalance risk and reward where required.
- Understanding of own role in the end-to-end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absas policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgment and responsible risk management.
- Keep up to date on all regulatory changes and can articulate the impact to the Business, be well informed on the industry thinking.
- All mandatory training completed to deadline.
Technical skills / Competencies
- Meeting customers needs
- Managing relationships
- Personal organization
- Self development
- Working with others
- Active listening
- Analytical thinking
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Relationship skills
- Risk skills
- General Corporate skills
- Leadership and team skills
- Product skills
- Communication skills
Knowledge of the banks products, services and policies required to undertake the role:
- The jobholder will be required to have a detailed knowledge of the core set of Business Banking products.
- For Complex products, a good knowledge will be required sufficient to: -
- Recognize the changing needs of the customer.
- Identify products/service that best satisfies customer need.
- Introduce the product/service.
- Co-ordinate the introduction of the relevant Group product specialist.
- Deal with customers directly as required.
- A good knowledge of the products & services available in the Personal Sector is also required to satisfy the individual financial needs of business owners/key individuals.
- The jobholder will require a broad understanding of policies and strategies across the Group as they relate to the demands of the customer base.
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Business degree preferred
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role, and which may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Risk assessment and management
- Presentation, influencing and negotiating
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role:
- The jobholder will need to be able to communicate in such as way as to ensure their ongoing credibility when dealing with financial controllers of companies, in addition to owner-managers.
- The jobholders portfolio will consist of a full range of Business Banking customers, including the more challenging customers, who will often be subject to competitive approaches from other banks.
- Business development activity will be similarly demanding.
Absa Values and Behaviors represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
- Im obsessed with customer
- I have an African heartbeat
- I believe our people are our strengths
Higher Certificates and Advanced National (Vocational) Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
We own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (ABSA Bank in Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. We also have representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
Share This on: