Tanzania Impact Research Analyst Full-time Job3 months ago Program & Project Iringa 526 views Reference: 762
About the Role
We are looking for a Tanzania Impact Research Analyst in Iringa, Tanzania who will translate data analysis and results into relevant programmatic recommendations that steer our short- and long- term impact strategy, increase farmer impact, and improve our operations.
- You will lead the Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning department and provide long term strategic data driven recommendations
- You will estimate impact using advanced quantitative research and data analysis tools
- You will work with in-country and global team members to identify research goals, create survey tools, design efficient field and phone data collection strategies, analyze the results, and report the results, including our annual impact analysis.
- Your direct reports will include a Field Specialist and Phone Team Coordinator and you will indirectly manage a team of 70+ staff
- You will work with fellow Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Leads and the global MEL team to share insights on Data Quality Management (DQM) procedures, refine impact evaluations and peer-review statistical analyses in Stata
- You will report to the Tanzania Country Deputy Country Director with a dotted line to the Global MEL Deputy Director
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. Youll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. Youll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years experience in advanced quantitative data analysis, research, or impact evaluation and team management
- Advanced statistical analysis/econometrics background (can use high level coding software)
- Can perform complex functions and create graphs using Stata, R or Python
- Masters degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Statistics, Economics, or related field preferred, but not strictly required.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Kiswahili is not required, but an added advantage.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
15 October 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organizations mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Share This on: