Finance and Administration Officer, BRIGHT Project Full-time Job8 months ago Administration & Management Tabora 1K views Reference: 570
Finance and Administration Officer, BRIGHT Project
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Tabora, Tanzania
Deadline for submission: April 11th, 2022
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition Internationals Corporate Service (CS) Unit is a dedicated team of Finance and Administrative experts with extensive global experience. The unit leads on providing global Accounting, Finance, Budget, and Compliance, Contracting and Procurement, Facilities Management and Information Management and Information Technology (IM/IT). Corporate Service team are found in Nutrition Internationals Head Quarters in Ottawa, Canada, as well as within our Regional and Country Offices throughout Africa and Asia. Currently Nutrition International is seeking applications for Finance and Administration Officer, BRIGHT Project to be based in Tabora, Tanzania.
You will have a Bachelors in Business Commerce/Accounting/Finance or other related fields from a recognized University. Professional qualification in accountancy such as CPA or ACCA is required.
At least 3 years work experience in accounting and/or finance particularly in a donor funded organization or projects and in project office administration. At least 5 years experience accounting experience and a minimum of 3 years in a donor funded organization/projects.
Solid knowledge and experience of generally acceptable accounting practices, financial systems, budget and cash flow monitoring and accounting controls in an international context.
Skills in excellent communication and interpersonal skills, competent IT skills, solid planning and organization skills, strong numerical skills and attention to details, uphold integrity, team player and leader and ability to work in a multicultural environment. Knowledge of Great Plains, QuickBooks or Peachtree will be an asset.
Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in the preparations of annual operational and pure program budget and expenditure forecasts for office operations and ensure that spending is within approved budget.
- Conduct 100% review of project financial documents for accuracy, reliability, completeness and compliance with the Contribution Agreement compliance regulations.
- Provide the program staff with quarterly budget variance report and track justifications for variances.
- Provide effective support to project staff in understanding and implementing NI financial and administrative policies and procedures, including effective and regular use of the contracts database and CLM.
- Ensure the production of accurate and timely financial information, including reviewing financial transactions, journal entries, account reconciliations, financial analysis, and reports before they are submitted to the Regional Office.
- Ensure the accuracy of BRIGHT Project information entered in the Contracts Database and that all related milestones are always kept up to date by Project Officers.
- Support the Contracting and Procurement Officer in the process of purchasing of office equipment and supplies as per NI procurement guidelines and delegated authority and arrange payments.
- Assist project staff in developing budgets for project activities and processing of budget modification requests for Regional Offices approvals.
- Make payments for all approved office operations on time and accurately.
- Manage office petty cash and keep petty cash transaction records up to date.
- Prepare regular cash flows projections based on approved budgets and request cash advances.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and ensure appropriate coding/allocations.
- In liaison with the Finance and Administration Manager, coordinate project audits, including preparation of financial reports and submission of financial support documents.
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in managing service providers by drafting administrative agreements and ensuring that services are provided as per the requirements of the service agreements.
- Maintain inventories of all office fixed assets, office equipment and supplies and ensure that equipment and fixed assets are insured, properly maintained and damages and losses reported.
- Ensure the project office is kept in clean and habitable condition through supervision of office cleaners.
- Ensure the drivers fill, complete and submit monthly vehicle logs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Tanzania. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description . Please click on the Apply button below to submit your application.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
Share This on: