Program Manager Full-time Job3 months ago Administration & Management Dar es salaam 555 views Reference: 781
Reporting to the Director of Program Operations ( Africa) and the Board Chair ( Habitat for Humanity Tanzania- HFHT), the Program Manager (PM) acts as the first point of contact for HFHT on all program operational matters, supporting implementation of strategic and innovative programs, projects or initiatives, partnership and network building. The PM is responsible for assisting the growth and development of programs in the country and AFR region, consistent with HFHI policies, standards and strategic goals. The PM focuses on developing organizations capability and effectiveness through a systematic approach one that aligns strategy, structure, shared values, people, systems and processes. The PM contributes support and advisory services to the development and implementation of strategically focused programs within the region. The PM may assume interim leadership role at the NO if needed.
Location: (Dar Es Salaam - Tanzania)
Travel: Up to 20%
Strategy, Planning and Program Delivery
- Works closely with the Director of Program Operations to determine and apply AFR strategic framework in the assigned program country - Tanzania.
- Supports the review, implementation, and monitoring of strategic, business and annual operating plans of NO by providing direct support or through AFR Area Office Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Recommends funding allocation for NO to the Director, Operations AFR
- Serves as coordinator between HFHI (AFR Leadership Team, AFR SMEs) and other NOs, ensuring that HFHI support is implemented appropriately and according to regional plans.
- Leads the country support meetings at the Area Office.
- Fosters accountability through monitoring and reviewing of program activities, including tracking project implementation and keeping internal stakeholders adequately informed.
- Serves as the coordination link between HFHI, in-country organizations / partners; branches and controlled entities
Capacity Building and Organizational Development
- Actively identifies capacity gaps at the NO level.
- Under the guidance and leadership of the Program Operations Director and HRLOD Director, and in close collaboration with the national director, promote and coordinate addressing of NO capacity gaps.
- Works with Area Office SMEs in addressing technical issues and concerns ensuring that the NOs comply with standards.
- Supports knowledge sharing and lessons learned across AFR region entities.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Monitors NO compliance with HFHI policies, standards and agreements.
- Works with SMEs in addressing and closing out audit findings ensuring that corrective measures are developed and implemented in a timely manner with the NOs.
- Ensures a robust enterprise risk management through close collaboration with the national director.
- Identifies and escalates potential organizational risks.
- In accordance with HFH internal processes, collaborates, coordinates and supports NO resource development plans and grant acquisition, including project design and concept notes and proposal development.
- Supports regional business development efforts by proactively identifying potential partnerships, funding opportunities and program innovation.
Financial Management and Reporting
- In coordination with the Regional Finance Manager, monitors and approves HFHIs fund transfer requests for NOs.
- Ensure quality reporting between the NO and HFHI and other stakeholders, including development partners.
- Bachelors degree in development studies, organization development, business management or related fields with a minimum of 10 years experience in Program management
- 10+ years of experience with program management and operations, including an understanding of and working experience in the Africa region as well as its cultural/social/political environment
- Knowledge and experience in project design and management
- Experience in proposal development and grant writing
- Experience working with boards, board development skills and capacity
- Operational and financial management skills
- Masters degree
- Organizational development experience
- Capacity building experience
- Business modeling skills
- Qualitative and quantitative analytic skills
- Coaching/consultancy/advisory skills
- Knowledge of human resources management
- Knowledge and experience in the field of NGOs, development, governance
How to apply:
- Qualified and interested candidates to apply on email: [email protected] indicating the position they are applying for in the subject line. The closing date for applications is October 21, 2022.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE.
Dar Es Salaam,Tanzania
International National Organization, International Programs, Resource Development, Strategy
Share This on: