Data Science Manager at Lyft Full-time Job9 months ago Computer & IT San Francisco 1K views Reference: 601
Data Science Manager
At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Data Science is at the heart of Lyfts products and decision-making. As a member of the Data Science team, you will work in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the worlds best transportation. Data Scientists take on a variety of problems ranging from shaping critical business decisions to building algorithms that power our internal and external products. Were looking for a passionate, driven Data Scientist Manager to take on some of the most interesting and impactful problems and lead some of the best scientists in the industry.
Data Science is a cross-functional team that collaborates with product, engineering, growth, operations, and marketing to drive decision-making across Lyft. The team leads high-impact projects, advises our executive team, and develops strategic frameworks for all business areas.
- Build and lead a high-performing team of data scientists
- Work with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, design, finance, and operations to achieve business goals
- Prioritize and lead deep dives into our data to uncover new product and business opportunities
- Prioritize and lead development of productized models to automate operational decision-making and drive operational productivity
- Develop analytical frameworks, roadmaps, and metrics for the team and broader organization
- Collaborate with other leaders and executives to build data-informed business strategy and product roadmaps
- Serve as a champion of sound decision-making at all levels of the company
- Degree in a quantitative field like statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering (advanced degrees are preferred) or relevant work experience
- 7+ years of hands-on technical experience in a data science role or equivalent
- 4+ years management experience building and leading data science teams
- Track record of guiding teams through unstructured technical problems to deliver business impact
- Skilled at managing cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple teams
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate with others to drive cross-team and cross-organization initiatives forward
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
Share This on: