Software Engineer II at Microsoft Jobs Full-time Job5 months ago Computer & IT Washington 629 views Reference: 645
Software Engineer II
Do you have a desire to help shape the emerging data platform ecosystem with Cloud and Enterprise into a competitive differentiator? Do you want lead the effort of enabling millions of Microsoft Customers and Partners by delivering key insights on big data? Do you want to solve challenges that you didnt even know existed until you get to a large scale of data? What about working directly with engineering counterparts and assorted business teams to influence how azure products, services, and business plans within C+E are operationalized and monetized?
The goal of Cloud Growth and Insights(CGI) team is to foster a data-driven culture, to encourage and enable the azure customers and partners to make more informed decisions through data. As part of that work, team develops and operationalizes the high scale data platform that enables microsoft customers to realize and manage cloud costs and partner teams to operationalize their goals. As the volume of data-and the demand for solutions-grows, we need a strong and experienced leader who can architect and drive skilled engineering team to deliver and manage data solutions.
- Design, build and own the optimal data processing architecture leveraging Azure and open source technologies
- Authoring Big Data ETL processing on Azure in Scala, spark, SQL, C++ or C#
- Is obsessed about service health and strives for higher standards, guaranteeing high quality and SLAs
- Desires to constantly be challenged and grow
- 5+ years experience in software development.
- 3+ years Experience with Big Data or Stream-processing platform
- Great Coding and design skills (C#, Java, Scala, SQL, Hadoop, Spark); Experience in Spark is preferred.
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Job number 1306552
- Date posted Apr 12, 2022
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Microsoft enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Share This on: