Oracle Database and APEX Developer Full-time Job5 months ago Computer & IT Rockville 0.9K views Reference: 650
Oracle Database and APEX Developer
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Oracle Database and Application Express (APEX) Developer to support the Data Science and Survey and Enabling Technologies Division. The candidate will be expected to support the full life cycle development of custom APEX applications. Additionally, a strong understanding of data flows, data migrations and data validation is expected. The candidate will work closely with internal and external clients and serve as both a consultant and solutions provider. The developer must work with the solutions architect to define solutions to meet the business needs. The developer will assist in testing, quality assurance and post rollout troubleshooting and enhancements. Candidate should demonstrate a willingness to seek novel solutions to technology and business problems and the flexibility to acquire the necessary skills for implementation.
Familiarity in working with DOD data systems or other government data systems a plus.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain custom Oracle applications in Oracle APEX
- Document and migrate data from existing Oracle Forms solutions to APEX
- Participates in client needs assessments, develops strategy and information architecture, including sitemaps and wireframes
- Supports clients technical issues with APEX applications
- Acts as liaison with internal partners and individual users to ensure positive web experience.
- Creates associated documentation for the applications
- Ensures that all documents meet established content standards
- Ability to pick up additional skills quickly
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites:
- Oracle APEX
- Oracle Forms
- Oracle Procedures
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Software development tools like Jira and Confluence
- A desire to write re-usable, readable code using the most up to date industry standards
- Strong communication skills, particularly in translating perceived needs into technical requirements
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Bachelors Degree + Five years of relevant experience, or Masters Degree + Three years of relevant experience, or PhD
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of approximately $85,000 to $99,000 and may vary by ten percent depending on candidate geographic location. Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Digital and Technology
- 6130 Executive Blvd, Rockville, 20852, US
- 2200 Century Parkway, Atlanta, 30345, US
- 5001 South Miami Boulevard, Durham, 27703, US
- 10 Fawcett Street, Cambridge, 02138, US
Share This on: