Principal Software Developer Pipeline Enablement Full-time Job1 year ago Computer & IT Dover 1.4K views Reference: 634
Principal Software Developer Pipeline Enablement
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team thats working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a principal software engineer at Liberty Mutual, youll consult on highly complex projects and solve technical problems, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if youre a:
- Technical problem solver: Going far beyond simply developing error-free source code, test scripts, components and system architectures, youll document and build deployment guides aimed at maintaining robust, relevant software
- Customer-centric engineer: Putting clients needs first, youll translate customer requirements into technical applications and support the implementation of new software
- Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
- Forward thinker: Merely fixing a problem isnt enough using your proactive mindset and initiative, youll also identify opportunities to enhance performance, quality and efficiency
The Software Delivery Pipeline Enablement team is looking for a talented Prinicpal Software Engineer to help us enable the next generation of CI/CD capabilities at Liberty Mutual. This role will be responsible for building, deploying, and operating serverless software solutions in support of our CI/CD modernization. Software Delivery is on a journey to provide modern, secure, and delightful experiences for developers using our CI/CD pipelines. The person in this role will be a leader on the pipeline enablement team, influencing the strategy and solutions used to provide our next generation pipeline offerings. Ideal candidates will be passtionate about improving the developer experience, have a deep understanding of CI/CD and how these technologies are evolving, and a dedicated focus on iterative software development techniques that enable rapid feedback.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of our APIs and CI/CD capabilities by engineering reliability into software and systems.
- Perform code reviews which provide feedback not only on code quality, but on design and implementation.
- Mentor junior software engineers by sharing best-practices and providing guidance on how to become more proficient.
- Share advanced/expert knowledge with others in the department, both on and off team; maintain a reputation as a key ally in those areas.
- Effectively communicate technical designs verbally and/or in writing for small to medium sized technical audiences.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins and Atlassian Bamboo
- Build and operate CI/CD pipelines amd services in a secure cloud environment, responsible for end-to-end platform security of these pipelines
- Collaborate with architects, designers, and engineers to deliver products are users are delighted with.
Primary Location: Dover, NH
Travel: As Needed
- Extensive experience building REST APIs and other back-ends in Python
- Experience with AWS services and tools like: CloudWatch, CloudFormation, AWS CLI, AWS Console, and SAM CLI
- Experience using developer platforms and tools in a cloud environment such as GitHub Enterprise Cloud, Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo/Jira/Confluence, and SonarQube
- Experience using monitoring solutions like CloudWatch, New Relic, and Datadog
- Eight or more years of software engineering experience
- Strong background in business operations and strategies, including global technology and financial services trends
- Hands-on involvement with layered systems architectures, designs and shared software concepts
- Familiarity with functional and system integration testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
Share This on: